5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    You can use this module in 3.5e/PF but it was only meant as an example set of data. You want to flesh it out and add many more options. You can do it direct in the xml or you can do it in game, open the db.xml and copy the relevant section out and put into the modules db.xml
    For tables just export them from within FG.

Wow you have revived an old post.

The Ruleset Extinction Event is for CoreRPG Ruleset and nothing to do with PFRPG or 3.5E directly. I am the author of the paper ruleset and also the Fantasy Ground Ruleset. My question if I can remember was in relation to supplying Modifiers and Tables as apart of the Library module for the ruleset.

The code above was trenloe giving me the direction how to do this. You can download my ruleset and module and delve into it how I fully did this. Again you can not use my example for any other ruleset it is specific for Extinction Event.

Also at the time I did not know you could export tables, so that was a bonus. But I exported the tables and included them into the ruleset library. However I do remember it being easier to do it in the code and not in the export, as I remember it was easier to copy paste and expand quickly.
    Last edited by Ardem; September 2nd, 2016 at 11:50.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You can use this module in 3.5e/PF but it was only meant as an example set of data. You want to flesh it out and add many more options. You can do it direct in the xml or you can do it in game, open the db.xml and copy the relevant section out and put into the modules db.xml
    For tables just export them from within FG.
    Thanks, so much, for the response (and so quick!)

Yes, I did figure out its example-ness... However, I was still confused that I couldn't open it in my PFRPG campaign unless I changed the ruleset from CoreRPG to 3.5E (or, presumably, PFRPG). Shouldn't a CoreRPG module be visible (openable) by a derived ruleset?

Also, since I have your ear, do you have any insight into my other question about a more extensive list of PFRPG-applicable modifiers?

Thanks, again.

- s.west

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    Wow you have revived an old post.

Thanks, Ardem, for the clarification.

- s.west

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    Thanks, so much, for the response (and so quick!)

Yes, I did figure out its example-ness... However, I was still confused that I couldn't open it in my PFRPG campaign unless I changed the ruleset from CoreRPG to 3.5E (or, presumably, PFRPG). Shouldn't a CoreRPG module be visible (openable) by a derived ruleset?

Also, since I have your ear, do you have any insight into my other question about a more extensive list of PFRPG-applicable modifiers?

Thanks, again.

- s.west
    Just make them in game as you need them. You can copy them out into the first modifiers.mod sample to use in later games.

Yup. I get it now... Thanks, again.

Thread Information