5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    When you click the small folder icon at the top right of the start screen (in Classic) or top left in Unity does that take you to the same place as above. Also where is FG pointing to the data folder in settings? Is your husband using any kind of cloud synced back up program?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    When you click the small folder icon at the top right of the start screen (in Classic) or top left in Unity does that take you to the same place as above. Also where is FG pointing to the data folder in settings? Is your husband using any kind of cloud synced back up program?
    Hi, Zacchaeus. The folder icon points to the appdata folder mentioned before, but there is no campaigns folder in there. And no, sadly he is not having a cloud backup sync.
    (And before anyone would ask, to my great horror he is not even making regular backup of his pc)
    Space intentionally void

Blog Entries
    If the campaigns folder is not there, do a Windows File search for "campaigns" to look for potential drag and drop into another folder. If it was deleted, it would typically show up in the Recycle Bin. Since it was not there, it may have been accidentally "moved" to a different location with some unfortunate drag and drop.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    If the campaigns folder is not there, do a Windows File search for "campaigns" to look for potential drag and drop into another folder. If it was deleted, it would typically show up in the Recycle Bin. Since it was not there, it may have been accidentally "moved" to a different location with some unfortunate drag and drop.
    Hi, ddavison; thanks for the suggestion. We already did an extensive search for "campaigns", including hidden folders and bin - it's nowhere
    Space intentionally void

Try a search for the name of the campaign; or db.xml or modulestate.xml
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    Have you looked in the Local AppData folder, this is where the Windows 7 data will have been stored (I think). Not sure Windows 7 had the Roaming profiles. FG has been using AppData storage for well over 2 years though, following the WIndows guidance not to have data storage in the Program Files folders.
    I am still using Windows 7 on my machine and I have full access to all of my campaigns.....in the roaming folder....Hope doing the upgrade does not effect what I have....will be upgrading soon to Windows 10....I will be sure and backup everything that I have FG related...

What campaign were you running that appears to be lost?

Also the Windows search function is not the best, I recommend this. https://www.voidtools.com/support/everything/

Thread Information