May be purchasing...

I have not tried Fantasy Grounds yet but I've moved and no longer with a great group of gamers. So, I thought I would setup a game via FG and run M&M. We've played 2nd edition and we all own the 3rd edition stuff as we were going to start a game before I left.

I understand (I think) that this rule set has a few bugs/missing features and does not take advantage of the CoreRPG (is that the correct term) in FG. However, that is being worked on, I believe. Not sure how accurate that is so I had a few questions.

1. If I found a bug or a missing feature and I wanted to add it, how difficult is that? I make my living as a software developer but I am not sure how robust the support/documentation is for developers.
    2. For the CoreRPG enhancements, is that something I could add or would that require a full re-write of the ruleset?
    3. This is more general but what FG license would I have to purchase so my players do not have to pay anything?
    4. What tokens or maps do you suggest for a modern day super hero game? I'd prefer free but don't mind paying if needed. And if they are on another website such as DriveThruRPG that is fine, also.

That's all I have for now. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Hello TriOpticon and welcome

M&M is a pretty good ruleset as is but doesnt have things like auto sizing of tokens or a tonne of little features.
    It is being rewritten to utilise CoreRPG but I dont know any time frames
    All ruleset code is viewable to those that are interested - unzip the .pak file and investigate. You can make changes - it is best to do these as an extension.
    $10 sub or $149 purchase + the M&M ruleset will be what you are looking for
    Devin Knight has some most excellent tokens both free and for sale and Im pretty sure he has some appropriate tokens

MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

Thanks for the reply and the information, damned! I appreciate it.

Would joining a one-shot M&M game be enough to get a good feel for the ruleset and FG or would that be too much? Is there a simpler ruleset (I've played Pathfinder, D&D 3.5) that I should try to learn FG with?

Blog Entries
    I havent actually used the M&M ruleset but it may well be a more complicated one than you ought to try as a first time user....
    There are so many one shots happening at FG Con 8 that you can get a good taste of systems with lots of automation and others with only a little...

Dont be shy - jump in - you might like it!

FG Con 8 – Invite A Friend April 8-10th 2016
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

I actually signed up for an event at FG Con 8. Now I just need to get the license and make sure my hardware works using teamspeak, etc.

Blog Entries
    Excellent. TS is pretty easy to use but you do need to set it up before hand. You can always jump on the TS server ahead of time and chat with others.

MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

Thread Information