DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Install FG twice

I would like my wife and I to play FG together, but I do not want to buy all of the content twice. Can I have my ultimate account and a basic verso installed on the same computer in different locations? Some times I want to DM and others u want to be a player and let my wife use my assets. Is this reasonable?

Blog Entries
    You can use the same license for player and for GM. There is no advantage to using two licenses on the one computer.
    You cant share DLC to another license holder even if she is the boss.
    If you had two computers and your wife played from the second computer she could access whatever DLC you were sharing if she was connected as a player to your GM session.
    Does that make sense?

But she can not run as a GM with her basic account. Nor will she have use of my assets.

Blog Entries
    A basic ($4/$39) account can most certainly be GM - but all players will also need a license ($4/$39 or $10/$149).
    She cant share your DLC on another computer - that is correct.

If you both want to play from the same computer in a game the easiest/simplest way is to have one client open and select both characters and try not to spill anything as you fight over the keyboard.

Ok.... we will install both on separate comutes. When she DMs for my family, she will use my account. When I DM, I will us my account. And no, we can't switch computers. She live in another country.

I can't be the first person to want to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman13 View Post
    I can't be the first person to want to do this.
    I'm sure you're not the first person to want to do this, but the FG license if for a single user. The EULA doesn't allow you to let someone else use your license (and purchases) - even your wife. You'll have issues if you both try to use the same license to join the same game - FG will block connections with the same license.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I really appreciate all of your help, but you all keep missing the point. We will have two different licenses.we will log into a game with separate licenses each time, but we will just switch the license we are using depending on who is DM ing. There will be no log conflicts.

I am just trying to determine if I can install two instance of the software on the same machine to prevent key issues.

OK, sorry. It wasn't clear that you were going to be using different licenses. But, it sounds like you're also missing the point we've been trying to make too - if you and your wife are both using your account then that is breaking the user license agreement. The license and purchases you have made are for the use of one person, not one couple.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Can you let a dev respond please. I really do not feel like arguing with the general population. My money bought both accounts and no eula can prevent fair use with in a family situation like this.

Blog Entries
    The EULA allows installation on a single system and it is not transferable. We have expanded upon this to allow people to install on multiple systems that they control, such as (laptop vs desktop.) Sharing an account or license with a family member who resides at an alternate location is not a usage we support. It would leave us open to too many abuse situations (i.e., it's my adult brother or sister, my Dad, Mom, cousin, best friend, favorite DM, etc.) Many families use Fantasy Grounds as a way to bond and play together remotely, but we encourage everyone to have and maintain their own separate account and license, regardless of whether or not one family member has an Ultimate license and a lot of content.

Thread Information