5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Profile Suggestion...

Everyone looking for a game or looking to DM a game... maybe use the "Interests" field to state what days/times (GMT) that you would be up for playing?

Or maybe the board admins could add some fields to the profile so we can place this info in using drop down lists?

Looking to Play? Yes/No
    Looking to DM? Yes/No
    Best days of week to play:
    Best times to play

I know this site won't become the next neverwinter connections but we could facililtate player matching through our profiles (especially as the community grows!)
    Murder at Avedon Hill - Official site for novel being released February, 2007 (podcast release also begins February, 2007)
    Four Ugly Monsters - Honorary Monster, ret.

Good idea. Forum posting can be an absurdly inefficient way of organising games, especially when there are different time zones and many people only have a few spare slots per week for gaming.

This sounds like a good idea, there are a lot f people lookingfor GM's, and Games.
    Unloppagas, I agree that while the forum board isnt the most conductive to speedy game setups, but I dont see how we can get along without it, all I mean is if you know a better way, share please, I need one. Grai

Neverwinter Connections is the best example of a matching system I have used, but that site of course is only for use with Neverwinter Nights. If this community grows though maybe someone would do something similar for FG.

Murder at Avedon Hill - Official site for novel being released February, 2007 (podcast release also begins February, 2007)
    Four Ugly Monsters - Honorary Monster, ret.

This is an excellent idea!

UPDATE: The developers here have increased our sig. character count to 1,000. (See below.)

I took your idea and used it. Check out my profile (below).
    Code:
    [b]Wanna Play?[/b] [color=dodgerblue]Yes[/color] [b]Wanna DM?[/b] [color=dodgerblue]Not yet[/color] [b]Best day to play:[/b] [color=dodgerblue]Most[/color] [b]Best time to play:[/b] [color=dodgerblue]Varies[/color]
    This is 214 characters (behind the scenes) and 82 after production.
    * * * * Need to count your character use fast? Click here * * * *

Note: "dodgerblue" isn't in the font colours list, but it works when added to your code by hand. Using something like "blue", "green", or whatnot will shorten your sig and allow you to save room for other sig things.

I suppose it could be made shorter... (141 characters):
    Code:
    [b]Play?[/b] [color=red]Y[/color] [b]DM?[/b] [color=red]N[/color] [b]Days:[/b] [color=red]Sat[/color] [b]Time:[/b] [color=red]8pm EST[/color]
    Play? Y DM? N Days: Sat Time: 8pm EST
    Wanna Play? Yes Wanna DM? Not yet Best days to play: Most
    Best time to play: 6:30pm to 12:00am My Time Zone? GMT -5 (EST)
    Games: Anything \"Dungeons & Dragons\"

It sounds like a fairly simple system to build. If I had a web host and a lisenced or free database, I'd put one together meself. A really useful tool.

For the time being I addopted Stormbow's idea :wink:
    Thanks.

Just testing my profile
    Wanna play? Yes DM? Already DMing Days: Most Timezone: GMT+1 Games: WFRP, Paranoia,MERP,CoC,StarWars,Alternity,d20

Quote Originally Posted by cogollo
    Just testing my profile
    Good idea adding games. I'm usin' that idea too now.

[edit] I moved the games list down a line for appearance.
    Changed my colors to red to save space.
    I've got 5 characters to spare. :lol: [/edit]
    Wanna Play? Yes Wanna DM? Not yet Best days to play: Most
    Best time to play: 6:30pm to 12:00am My Time Zone? GMT -5 (EST)
    Games: Anything \"Dungeons & Dragons\"

testing signature

Just testing signature block.
    Play? Yes DM? Yes Days: Sa Time: 9pm ESTGames:Starwars

Thread Information