5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

If I want to buy DDNext PDFs and convert to FG

(For myself) - what do I need to know or watch out for? I came into 5e very late so never saw any part of that long play test and its various updates.

But I have read that things have changed in some areas enough to warrant editing etc when converting.

Is that do, if so - any good resources on what is needed?

I'm not terribly sure what you mean. D&D Next became 5E so the basic rules and the SRD which comes with FG are the rules which finally made it to the published edition. So I'm not sure why you would want to buy a pdf the pre-dates the official rules, if that is indeed what you mean.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If you want to use a DnD Next module you should use the base 5E classes and modules. At some times through out the play test the classes were not balanced vs. the monsters and each other. You also may need to adjust the number of monsters based on the recommended encounter size.

If you plan to use use voice with FG then the only things you need to enter to run an adventure are the maps and monster encounters since you can just read off of the PDF in voice chat for flavor text. Once you know how - its very fast to set up encounters. With a PDF you should also be able to get the digital maps by using a "snip it" tool or copying the map out. The maps are most like to be the biggest annoyance since you are going to want to have a grid that is square and in whole numbers. You can use the utility here to re-size your map to make the map grid square and in whole numbers: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...gn-map-to-grid

Let us know if you have questions

Sorry that I didn't catch the responses earlier - I was asking more along the lines of what Griogre spoke about. I meant like if one buys Horde of Dragonspear or Dreams of the Red Wizard or Baldurs (not sure, but presume many Next type adventures right be avail in Dungeon or the like articles too.

I wanted to know what gotchas to watch for when making them FG mods. You see, since I came in post Next and have nearly no play experience in 5E, 1 FG Con, + 1 in person session - I figure, Id miss the mistakes or imbalances. I had an eye once for 1E and 2E but...

Summer is coming, which means lower workload for wife and later nights for son so hope to restart our groups in near future and was thinking to practice making FG mods from sources not likely to be sold by Smite. Since if given choice Id buy vs make.

Thread Information