STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Request: Call of Cthulhu

Wanted to hear if their are CoC fans in these boards interested in implementing CoC rules into FG?. As an alternative, the new d20 CoC Rules could be used and Bagpuss2´s modern ruleset could be used as base. Basicly the system would work, when you would add the 1920´s weapon list into his ruleset and add a sanity point value into the character sheet. Im a noob when it comes to XML, but am willing to help as much as possible. The reward who be a international CoC Fg gaming group .
    Any one interested?
    MAPVENTURES
    https://www.mapventures.com
    Fantasy Adventures, Maps & Electronic Modules

I'm not promising anything but the idea has peeked my interest, as I do like CoC.

Sigurd chimes in with a hearty "OH Yeah!" from the background but then runs away to his real job.

S

I too would love to see a conversion of the Chaosium Call of Cthulhu - and a d20 version would also be great - in fact in some ways better due to the OGL

SP

Except CoC d20 isn't covered by the OGL, or an SRD, its no more open than Chaosium's edition.

Indeed, that's true, however from an internet RPG point of view, the d20 rules are freely available, which is very very handy.

I was thinking about an empty template, that could understand procentual value. The rest could be done by hand. Just some line with a field for a % value. The rest could be done manually. CoC doenst need that much rule material inside FoG. Just a little neat charactersheet, with HP, SAN, POW and all the skills.....period. A script that would allow d100 roll and calcualte if its a success or not. All the rest could be done with macros in the quicklinks
    MAPVENTURES
    https://www.mapventures.com
    Fantasy Adventures, Maps & Electronic Modules

I missed this thread...
    Certainly I want CoC, but please the d100 version. For many reasons:
    -it fits better with the setting
    -it is much more simple (online gaming goes better with simplicity)
    -it should be really simple to implement a sheet: the system is: stats and a fixed number of skills, no more.
    etc...
    If I had the time I could try to do it, but at the moment I have to focus on the G***S sheet (but I'm going well with it).
    Anyway I can help the main developer when it possible

Hi there
    Sure im interested - CoC is a great game! Im still just trying to figure out how the GM part works with the d20 system - but you just wait - and you´ll see lots of little scary adventures popping up...
    Gila[/quote]
    I have a dream - and I am part of it right now...

I loves the CoC! Either D20 or Chaosium. I'm down to game in that universe.

Thread Information