Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    Possible upgrade

    I still use and love this ruleset. Are we actually going to see an upgrade to use the new framework? The new framework has so many features that this ruleset could benefit from and Id love to be able to utilize them all. As it stands now in some ways this feels like one of the more archaic non community made ruleset

  2. #2
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,479
    Blog Entries
    1
    It is a huge task and it has a very small player base as it turns out... however I hear rumours that someone is looking at taking the ruleset over and bringing it up to CoreRPG but dont hold me to that. And dont hold your breath - these things take time.

    MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

  3. #3
    There are several guys working on converting this to use CoreRPG and adding a bunch of new enhancements. It's been underway for about 3-4+ months so far and I think it's finally getting closer to being ready for testing in another month or two.

  4. #4
    Who is allowed to test this. Ive got a game running currently that is played quite often

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    There are several guys working on converting this to use CoreRPG and adding a bunch of new enhancements. It's been underway for about 3-4+ months so far and I think it's finally getting closer to being ready for testing in another month or two.
    This is excellent news. I like this ruleset and have been hoping someone would update it to the new Core.

    Would love to follow along with the development as is proceeds. Do these people have a blog or something we can follow?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption77 View Post
    I still use and love this ruleset. Are we actually going to see an upgrade to use the new framework? The new framework has so many features that this ruleset could benefit from and Id love to be able to utilize them all. As it stands now in some ways this feels like one of the more archaic non community made ruleset
    Is this ruleset not current? Forgive me for asking but what do you mean by update to the new framework?

    I'm still a little new to fg and m&m.

  7. #7
    This ruleset was written a few years ago, and is completely functional.

    It was released just prior to big rewrite of FG which added support for layers in the game system frameworks, which allows us to upgrade core RPG features across all game frameworks (i.e. rulesets).

    The rewrite discussed would be moving the M&M ruleset into that layered system.

    Regards,
    JPG

  8. #8
    The system does work, and its fully functional. I didnt want people to think otherwise, its an amazing product. I was just curious because the new system they have for their newer rulesets is amazing and there are so many community made addons that would be amazing for use in Mutants and Masterminds

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakosDJ View Post
    This is excellent news. I like this ruleset and have been hoping someone would update it to the new Core.

    Would love to follow along with the development as is proceeds. Do these people have a blog or something we can follow?
    Not yet, but a few of them hang out with the SXG crowd.

  10. #10
    Did the development for this upgrade project fall through?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in