FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

How Do I Import a Character from Hero Lab?

I've tried searching through the forums for instructions on how to import characters and either I'm doing something wrong or the threads I've read are out of date. How does one go about importing a character? I'd love to import characters that already have all the information from the supplements in them rather than ccopy/pasting from the SRD into FG. Is this possible?

Hi, AURapier and welcome to Fantasy Grounds and to the community.

For what ruleset are you talking about? I believe that you can import characters for 3.5 (or Pathfinder I think it's called now) from HeroLab. Here's a link.

For 5e and other rulesets however it isn't possible at the moment.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

For Pathfinder (and 3.5E) see the "Importing your PC from HeroLab" section here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/p...ntasy-grounds/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So I've tried to import a character from Hero Lab a couple of time and I keep getting the following Console Message:

Conversion Start
    Version: 3.0.6.A
    Game System: PFRPG
    Ruleset: PFRPG
    Source Format: Hero Lab (.hlfg)
    .Path: C:\Users\AURapier\Desktop\FG Characters\Adayr.hlfg
    Output to Xml: false
    Import to Local Character List: true
    .Path: C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds\characters\PFRPG.xml
    Import to Campaign: false
    Using module manager: true
    .Module: 3.5E-basicrules.mod
    .Module: 3.5E-magicitems.mod
    .Module: 3.5E-spells.mod
    .Module: PF-SRD-Basic-Rules.mod
    .Module: PF-SRD-Spells.mod
    Using local xslt: false
    ----Conversion Results----
    Adayr successfully converted.
    Node Read Error. <Name:character; Path:name>
    Could not import Adayr to local character list. Error: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds\characters\PFRPG.xml' is denied.

What am I doing wrong?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Run the import tool as administrator.

And don't have FG open in manage characters while importing to the local cache.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Wow. Thanks. I appreciate the help. I gotta admit, I feel kinda dumb. LOL

I am having issues with it as well. I keep getting an error. xslt error.PNG

Thanks for any help you can give. I have tried unchecking and checking local XSLT option

Quote Originally Posted by GavinKaos View Post
    I am having issues with it as well. I keep getting an error.
    Welcome to the forums!

That is not an error, that is a message when you click the "Export Conversion Sheets" menu. This is not converting the character. Click the "Convert" button further down in the window - if you don't see this button, resize the window (make it larger).

Your awesome! That worked. I didn't have the convert button on my screen so I had to change the window size. Thanks again.

This is good to know... thanks!

Thread Information