STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

GM PC Ownership Extension

No longer needed - functionality included in FG v3.2.0!

This simple extension allows the GM to take ownership of a PC, thus hiding the PC from players in the "Character Selection" window. This is handy if the GM wants to build detailed NPCs using the PC sheet. The same functionality can be obtained by the GM joining the campaign as a player and taking ownership of a PC, this extension removes this step from the process.

Versions

v0.1 Initial Release

Installing

1. Download the attached file GM PC Ownership.ext
    2. See here for how to install an extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...iew#Extensions
    3. Enable the "GM PC Ownership" extension.

Note: This extension is not restricted to specific rulesets, but it will only work with rulesets built on top of CoreRPG. Not needed for Savage Worlds, this functionality is already present in that ruleset.

Use

If the GM wishes to hide a PC from the players on the Character Selection screen they should right click on the PC in question and select the "Mask" icon:

Attachment 14366

This will change the owner to the username of the GM (usually GM unless changed for the campaign):

Attachment 14367

The players will no longer see this PC in the character selection screen. The GM can clear the ownership at any time via the normal right-click -> Clear Owner option.
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 1st, 2016 at 17:19.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Nice. I always do this by running a second client session as the GM... but this makes that less complicated.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Yup, this will be useful!

Very nice Trenloe, this is an excellent addition and I have been looking forward to something like this. Keep up the good work and thanks again for all the things you do for us.

Now you need to create an extension that will allow a PC to take control of the GM! Muahahaha.

Nice one Trenloe.

I am trying this out with the sw ruleset and it appears to work
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    I am trying this out with the sw ruleset and it appears to work
    Cool! Thanks for checking it works in SW.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Nice job Trenloe!
    This should probably make its way into CoreRPG - its an oft requested item lately.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Nice job Trenloe!
    This should probably make its way into CoreRPG - its an oft requested item lately.
    Should have been part of CoreRpg already. Savage Worlds has had this feature for years.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    Savage Worlds has had this feature for years.
    Had no idea.

Thread Information