Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Release v3.1.7

Release v3.1.7

Fantasy Grounds v3.1.7 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

This version mostly is to address installation issues, and provide some compatibility/performance patches.

It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here.

Cheers,
    JPG

The poor update server.

Should have mentioned this earlier... When I noticed the "[CnC] Fighter BtH in level table was incorrect. Fixed." comment for 3.1.6, I went and looked over the fighter class in the PHB. I noticed that there was a restricted list of armor for the fighter; this is incorrect - the armor entry for the fighter should simply be "Armor: Any".

Thank you Moon Wizard for all the work done and I must say, not sure if you changed stuff with the updater/ downloading but what used to take almost 2 hrs now updated in 5 minutes. I can't thank you enough.

Blog Entries
    All of a sudden FG gives me this error (which pops up every few minutes): Runtime error: Unable to save file (path) - Error (13): Permission denied.

How do I fix this?
    Savage Musketeer Roleplaying with a horrific twist: All for One - Régime Diabolique for Savage Worlds is available on the FG store now!

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    All of a sudden FG gives me this error (which pops up every few minutes): Runtime error: Unable to save file (path) - Error (13): Permission denied.

How do I fix this?
    This is a new message telling you there are file access rights issues. This was probably happening before, but you wouldn't have been told about it.

Run FG as Administrator.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

There are 3 fixes to this issue:

1. [BEST LONG TERM FIX] Launch FG and click on Settings. Change the Data Directory to a folder other than "C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds", where your currently logged in user has full read/write permissions. (Such as "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds") Then re-run a Check for Update. You may need to move any campaigns from the old location to the new location after a change.
    2. Change FG shortcut link to Run as Administrator.
    3. Change the permissions on the C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds folder to allow read & write access to the currently logged in user (or the Everyone group).

This update adjusts the installer to prevent the majority of the situations that would cause this error, but does not fix previous installations.[LIST=1]

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There are 3 fixes to this issue:

1. [BEST LONG TERM FIX] Launch FG and click on Settings. Change the Data Directory to a folder other than "C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds", where your currently logged in user has full read/write permissions. (Such as "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds") Then re-run a Check for Update. You may need to move any campaigns from the old location to the new location after a change.
    2. Change FG shortcut link to Run as Administrator.
    3. Change the permissions on the C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds folder to allow read & write access to the currently logged in user (or the Everyone group).

This update adjusts the installer to prevent the majority of the situations that would cause this error, but does not fix previous installations.[LIST=1]

Regards,
    JPG
    Just for clarity, those are three separate approaches to fixing the problem, not one solution with three steps.

I also recommend moving your data directory to a more sensible location. I know people who put it in their Google Drive, for instance, so they have their data directory available across multiple PCs.

I have considered putting the whole data directory in a git repo, with an aggressive .gitignore definition. Already many subdirectories are git repos.

Anyway, taking the time to understand the layout of the data directory will save you time later. Over and over and over.

Generally the advice is not to place your data directory on any kind of Cloud storage since that will eventually cause synchronisation problems.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information