5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    No, I tried going down to 1400x900 at the lowest and it didn't make a lick of difference. I don't think it's related to resolution or scaling. The issue is somewhat moot at this point though. Because of a plumbing emergency at my house today, my trip and live game session got cancelled. Long-term I'd still like to figure this out, but I won't be using my Surface for FG any time soon.

Very strange. I've not had any problems running on my Surface Pro 3. If I remember correctly, I did have to do something to get DirectX 9 to install. The installer didn't want to install in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
    Try: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...n.aspx?id=8109
    Last edited by Valarian; March 5th, 2016 at 17:40.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

I did that already (see above), it made no difference. Is there something I need to do after installing DX9 to make FG use it?

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    A few percentages of Skype and Steam is all.
    Do you have the Steam overlay enabled?

I am running fine on an i5 Surface Pro 3. I haven't had to install DirectX (Windows 8 and 10 come with it embedded). The only noticeable degradation I see if there is some other relatively intensive app working (like DropBox synching my non-FG data soon after startup).

You might want to check the power sleep settings. The defaults on mine were 4 minutes on battery and 10 minutes on power. This pretty much means that even on power, it's going to be going into and out of sleep fairly regularly. Others have mentioned that Windows going into sleep has introduced laggy/jumpy graphics performance.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

My current settings are Never sleep and Never Turn off display, whether on battery or plugged in.
    Turning off Steam overlay made no difference.

These are the info/versions for my graphics setup, are yours the same?

May also be worth seeing if the issue occurs in Safe Mode: https://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-in-safe-mode
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yep, same.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Yep, same.
    And running in Safe Mode?

Ahhh, works fine in Safe Mode. Well, now to begin trial and error...

Thread Information