DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Extra dice - big extension attempt - broad questions

I'm looking at adding something pretty substantial in an extension and I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the general direction of where to make these changes. I'd like to be able to add an edge/mod/effect/what-have-you that gives the character an additional die on a roll which acts like an extra wild die. So, able to ace and takes the highest. I'm sure there are multiple changes, but where is a good place to start understanding how to change the way modifications are coded - for instance, where does it interpret [Fighting +1] vs [Fighting +1d] vs [>Fighting +1d]? I'm guessing in multiple different places for each place you can put a modifier.

Blog Entries
    Here are some - not Savage Worlds - videos on various parts of extending/modifying Fantasy Grounds
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Cu...668LyJXmfk25Yv

I would have a look at the Advantage button in 5E and go from there

There is a keyword “Extra” it add a d6 to a roll.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

OK, combined response to everyone -
    1. I've watched several of those videos and maybe some of the information can be found by digging further, but given that they tend to be either generic or geared towards 5e D&D, they aren't as helpful for figuring out the structure of things specific to SW - like where they are located in the lua files. The code is not well documented, to say the least.
    2. Extra seems like a good place to start. I've looked in the manuals (both FG and FG:SW), but couldn't find anything about correct syntax. I found an example for Conviction and it looks like it's defined in manager_trait.lua>getTraitDice, so I can look at making some alterations/additions there (since it adds directly instead of acting like a wild die like I want). It's just strange to me that I can't find anywhere that says "this is how this is intended to work" other than reading code. Am I not looking somewhere obvious?

Blog Entries
    One of the main points in the videos says - work out something that you do know and find in files on that. Then read forward and backward to find what you are lookiing for.

Another thing you can do is to ask publicly to see if anyone knows before trying to parse undocumented code.

Thread Information