DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Sweet. I found it. You can go into bookings and then click the person and 'modify bookings'.. there you can switch it.. nifty.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    Cool. I was about to say... no.

Relatively long time off and on user of FG here. I think FG Con is an intriguing concept, but I feel like it really misses the mark. Running a bunch of 1 shot adventures is neat and a good way for new players to experience FG for the first time, and sure you may get to see some different DM styles in action, but only a few people can join each and the ability to sample across many is not very easy and very time demanding. Plus ultimately a gamble as well since you don't know if the session you join will offer anything particularly useful to you if you're not a beginner.

I think what would be incredibly more useful is to have FG Con work more like a professional or educational conference with sessions covering different educational topics to enhance the communities use of Fantasy Grounds.

Rather than playing in a 1 shot game I would love to see streaming sessions where people can showcase tips and tricks and tutorials on Fantasy Grounds.

Topics could include things like:
    - A guide to using Effects in your D&D games (I've played in countless games where people don't know how to do this)
    - DM tips and tricks
    - Tools to enhance your FG experience )like how to incorporate streaming music and such)
    - Streaming your sessions
    - Enhancing your character sheets. (Because I know there are some cool things you can do to organize and enhance your player sheets even without xml customization)
    - Module showcases
    - Creating modules and rulesets

Benefits would be:
    - A much wider audience could join each session
    - They wouldn't need to be hours and hours long to spread knowledge
    - They would bring a lot more value to non-novice users than current format
    - Educating the wider community on the power of the fantasy grounds tool beyond the basics

If people like this idea, perhaps it's not too late to do something like this? I could try to help as well. Or perhaps this could be something done outside of FG Con like in an ongoing FG University with regular scheduled sessions.

Blog Entries
    Damned has actually run sessions like this in the past. I'm not sure how well attended they were or not.

This is the 8th go at this con so a number of different types of events have happened at this point. Generally, people run what they want to and it has been very successful.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; April 6th, 2016 at 18:40.

Quote Originally Posted by ffujita View Post
    I saw that "An Incomplete Lunch" is one of the adventures that is being offered. As an extremely satisfied consumer of "An Incomplete Breakfast" I'm quite intrigued. Is this going to be a slightly different version of the same thing -- Extremely useful for beginners of FG, one-shot, using characters already pre-generated by the GM. Or, is it going to be an intermediate (or advanced) version of "An Incomplete Breakfast." Or is it going to be something else entirely.

If it's for beginners, I probably won't sign up. But if it's an advanced take on "An Incomplete Breakfast" I'll be setting my alarm clock to sign up as soon as it opens.
    I'm terribly sorry but I completely missed this post.

The Incomplete Lunch is a new adventure written specially for FG Con 8 and actually follows on from The Incomplete Breakfast with the same characters that played through that module. It is neither intermediate nor advanced nor is it a rehash of Breakfast. It's a completely new story.

All of my sessions are designed for players who are new to FG or to the 5e ruleset but are also hopefully attractive to veteran players as well.

It would also be remiss of me not to point out that due to a cancellation a slot has opened up in the Saturday session of this adventure.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; April 6th, 2016 at 19:09.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dereks View Post
    Relatively long time off and on user of FG here. I think FG Con is an intriguing concept, but I feel like it really misses the mark. Running a bunch of 1 shot adventures is neat and a good way for new players to experience FG for the first time, and sure you may get to see some different DM styles in action, but only a few people can join each and the ability to sample across many is not very easy and very time demanding. Plus ultimately a gamble as well since you don't know if the session you join will offer anything particularly useful to you if you're not a beginner.

I think what would be incredibly more useful is to have FG Con work more like a professional or educational conference with sessions covering different educational topics to enhance the communities use of Fantasy Grounds.

Rather than playing in a 1 shot game I would love to see streaming sessions where people can showcase tips and tricks and tutorials on Fantasy Grounds.

Topics could include things like:
    - A guide to using Effects in your D&D games (I've played in countless games where people don't know how to do this)
    - DM tips and tricks
    - Tools to enhance your FG experience )like how to incorporate streaming music and such)
    - Streaming your sessions
    - Enhancing your character sheets. (Because I know there are some cool things you can do to organize and enhance your player sheets even without xml customization)
    - Module showcases
    - Creating modules and rulesets

Benefits would be:
    - A much wider audience could join each session
    - They wouldn't need to be hours and hours long to spread knowledge
    - They would bring a lot more value to non-novice users than current format
    - Educating the wider community on the power of the fantasy grounds tool beyond the basics

If people like this idea, perhaps it's not too late to do something like this? I could try to help as well. Or perhaps this could be something done outside of FG Con like in an ongoing FG University with regular scheduled sessions.
    Damned and I have in the past and for this Con Hector Trelane is running a Fate Core Tutorial and I'm running 2 Savage Worlds Hangout sessions. Some have streamed their game sessions before and some of those "seminars" are on the FG Con website.
    FG CON is a community effort and as such we rely on other members of the community to submit events. We're always looking for any type of contribution that will benefit the community.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Is there a way to filter the events by rules set? Like only the D&D AL games, or Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, etc?
    How about only show games with available slots?

Working up a few posts for the weekend.

Blog Entries
    Hi Raddu the search was playing up so right now no.
    Use the Calendar to do some filtering: https://www.fg-con.com/mycalendar - it does have categories for 5e and Pathfinder but the rest of the sessions are classified by genre.

Blog Entries
    Hi dereks Ive done some sessions at previous FG Cons. They were well supported. Here are some recordings. They are quite long 70-90mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eaMZwBKZkg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNq4ebzYBHQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nesj3tpggmQ

Other people have done GM Training Sessions which were very well received and attended.

FG Con is about playing games - it is a gaming convention.
    You are however welcome to submit other ideas such as training or discussion sessions. Initiatives like this also do not need to be restricted to FG Con. Good ideas will work on their own as well.
    If you wanted to have a chat offline please send me a PM and we can organise something.

Blog Entries
    Full of big ideas once again... it would be nice if the Comments defaulted to receive automatically when someone signs up for an event. As it is, you have to jump through a few hoops, remember to click the 'send me notifications toggle', and actually post something to the comments in order to get notifications.
    Is this something that's possible?

Thread Information