5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Finally played my first FG game!

Just wanted to share this...

I DM for my two sons (18, 13) and their three cousins (17, 15, 14). Our game went on hold when my son went to college last sept and all of us have been itching to get back in and play. We started our new Thule campaign early Jan and played the second session digitally over FG on 2/20. There were a few bumps here and there as we were all learning the new system but it was a very good session overall. I had watched several guides created by this great community which enabled me to get all of the players up to speed with the minimum info needed to get the game going.

Coming from roll20 (we just used it locally on my 55" TV) I feel the experience with FG is far superior. The combat tracker is amazing, it's very easy to create encounters, parcels, etc...

I fully anticipate the next session will go even smoother.

This is a great product and I cannot recommend it enough. I am very much looking forward to Thule being officially supported.

thanks,
    phogan88

Jolly good. Sounds like you had fun.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

There is a bit of a learning curve but once everyone gets used to it I find it easier than running tabletop

Good luck with your game
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

I share in your excitement and understand completely. I am so glad wotc gave fantasy grounds the right to license otherwise dm prep, game play, and on and on would still be lacking. Yes TV, is a plus
    VR Gaming on I9 9900K RTX 3090 ( 4k on the go on I7 6700HQ 965M )
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate in HD
    member_gqwebb

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phogan88 View Post
    I DM for my two sons (18, 13) and their three cousins (17, 15, 14). Our game went on hold when my son went to college last sept and all of us have been itching to get back in and play. We started our new Thule campaign early Jan and played the second session digitally over FG on 2/20. There were a few bumps here and there as we were all learning the new system but it was a very good session overall. I had watched several guides created by this great community which enabled me to get all of the players up to speed with the minimum info needed to get the game going.
    Woot! Excellent news phogan88!

Quote Originally Posted by phogan88 View Post
    Just wanted to share this...

This is a great product and I cannot recommend it enough. I am very much looking forward to Thule being officially supported.

Indeed, this is great news. Congrats!

BTW, if I may ask, what does Thule refer to?

It's a campaign setting. They just did a kickstarter not too long ago. https://www.sasquatchgamestudio.com/...rimeval-thule/

I have had a similar positive experience. We are playing PBEM but if I were to DM a tabletop game (I may yet at a local store, FG has inspired my confidence), I would think using FG would be perfect for that. Might be fun if FG had a observer mode where your laptop shows the DM view and it sends the PC view to the projector/tv screen (hint hint).

Quote Originally Posted by ctcharger View Post
    I have had a similar positive experience. We are playing PBEM but if I were to DM a tabletop game (I may yet at a local store, FG has inspired my confidence), I would think using FG would be perfect for that. Might be fun if FG had a observer mode where your laptop shows the DM view and it sends the PC view to the projector/tv screen (hint hint).
    You can do that if you have your own GM license. You can log in using a separate session from the same machine and have both the GM and Player view running. Then just put the player screen on the projector as a second monitor.

Interesting... thanks! so you could have a monitor facing the players so they can see the map and all that. just too cool...

Thread Information