FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Collapsing List

Collapsing List

Looking at the collapsing lists used in the various library module setups, and wondering if they'd be good for a specific implementation, or if I should go another route. Looking for a bit of advice from those more experienced.

Working on a BattleTech ruleset, and there are a copious amount of skills, I'm intending to avoid allowing most skills to have any sort of manual entry, i.e. No adding custom skills, and no modifying the names/info of skills.

This is because I intend to make the system more automated, and because skills directly affect combat, for instance firing at another character with a weapon makes direct use of "Small Guns", so essentially every sheet in the system will have every single skill on it, the idea is to make collapsing sections, in particular for those skills that may have many different variants, such as "Protocol" which could be for any affiliation, or organization, and for some of these such skills also having the ability to add entries like the "knowledge' or "profession" skills in the 3.5e/PF rulesets where they can add a label under the skill.

Having the control to add into this list, and have it be collapsible and expandable so players can ignore skill entries while working on sheets that they don't care about would be very useful.

Is the method used for Weapon/Item "sections" the best option, i.e. setting it up like a Windowlist with the section controls? I'm also considering adding buttons for the adding of extra entries for those that I'll allow custom adds of that specific skill type.
    Ultimate License Holder

Take a look at the way the Options system does things as well - basically all of the collapsing lists are windowlists of windowlists (of windowlists, etc). The look and feel is what is different between them, not the actually mechanics.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Ah, I didn't even think of that, and I do like how those look, thanks very much as always Dulux!
    Ultimate License Holder

Thant's OK - my Invoice is in the mail.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Thant's OK - my Invoice is in the mail.
    Paid! :P
    Ultimate License Holder

I was joking (well, semi-joking), but thanks!
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

I know, but you work hard on these things, I've done programming work before, paid and unpaid, I know how it is, and I appreciate the work you've done so you deserve something for it, sadly I'm currently a poor student, so I can't give you much.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information