DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Bulk Re-scaling / Re-Sizing Images

So, I'm finishing out my room/battle/encounter maps for the first level of the Undermountain and am fairly fed up with the way I've been doing things (see https://forum.profantasy.com/comment...cussionID=5793). But, right now I have a bunch of images that I need to apply the same re-scale factor to (1.01156) so that they have a precise 25 pixels per 5ft square to overlay the grid at.

Does anyone know a way to do that to a bunch of images at once? I normally use GIMP, but couldn't find a bulk convert function in it. Don't know if the Map Align utility (from elsewhere in the forums here) would help.

Related, when I re-scale, what are the best options to use? Or how do the options impact the final image? I've noticed that sometimes some options drop pixels resulting in line segments missing (such as on doors) or other undesirable behavior.

Thanks in advance.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I know of no way to do a bunch of images at once; certainly GIMP does have a resizing function but I don't know how you would precisely use that with the factor you need. The map alignment took will certainly help to get your images all scaled to a more standard grid size.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    With GIMP I just do a re-scale by percentage (101.156%). When I have more time I'll play around with the Map Align tool, but would rather get a better export option out of CC3+.

Years ago (~15?) I used something (PSP?) that had a bulk convert option. But, can't remember.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

FastStone Photo resizer. It'll do a whole folder at a time to fixed size or a percentage of the original. Great tool for resizing images. https://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

The DBP add in for GIMP?

https://members.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/dbp.html

Although it might not give you the level of rescaling you need (seems to be limited to 2 decimal places). Perhaps scale up first then down? May work.

Otherwise google "photo resize", you'll get lots of hits for bulk image resizing tools.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Irfranview does bulk.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. I knew Google would give me options, but I knew recommendations from people here would be better than blind tries.

Have you looked athttps://https://www.xnview.com/en/xnconvert/

I use it to scale tokens, dungeon tiles, etc

Have you tried XnConvert?

I use it for dungeon tiles, tokens, pretty much everything.

Blog Entries
    I went ahead and used DBG since I've been learning GIMP. Figured to minimize the number of tools/programs I'm using.

Wondering if anyone could help me with the exporting from CC3+ (The link I provided above)? I haven't gotten any response on the PF forum. I know a lot of people here are CC users, so...

Anyway, how do I export a part of a map at a specific resolution? It's not a map I created and it's large. I've been having trouble when trying to export the whole thing at a decent resolution (not even sure I have a precise scale given the map is not an even size.

Thread Information