5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Finally got it to show directories, not seeming to show any .pak files I make...I just generated a half dozen different copies of CoreRPG in different dirs, restarting each time, and eventually all of them suddenly showed up at once...thinking I might delete and reinstall FG.

Thanks for the help guys.

So as far as maps go, I'm assuming it's built in functionality in FG and not something I can significantly modify? If there were a way to make a separate instance of the image window I could easily make one for a different scale/setup.

If I can't modify map functionality I'm unsure if I can make BattleTech work, as elevation changes cost AP, and so do turns beyond a certain distance. Plus facing matters, and facing seems to work pretty weird in the D&D modules as far as how it's controlled.

Anyone know if I can find ways around these things? I'll be hunting through all the modules I have to see what I can figure out. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmSpector View Post
    So as far as maps go, I'm assuming it's built in functionality in FG and not something I can significantly modify? If there were a way to make a separate instance of the image window I could easily make one for a different scale/setup.
    You would absolutely need to have separate window instances as the code is tied to the specific <imagecontrol> in the "imagewindow" <windowclass> - see the CoreRPG campaign\campaign_images.xml file.

How far you'd be able to go with this I'm not sure. There are limited API calls available to the imagecontrol, info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/imagecontrol.xcp and I'd imagine that at some point you'd experience limitations in what you can do through the FG API, and what is hard coded.

There would also be knock on changes needed in other ruleset code - e.g. the token placement code in the encounter process is coded to a specific image control.

For an example, see all the "Things to note" in post #1 and issues list in post #2 of the image layer extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-on-CoreRPG%29 The majority of these limitations are due to hard coded functionality within the API.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks very much Trenloe, I'll take a look and see, sounds promising, we'll have to see how far I can push things.

Thread Information