FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Forcing A Critical Damage Roll

Creatures affected by the paralyzed or unconscious conditions grant combat advantage to their attackers. This is implemented perfectly. Hits to creatures under either of these conditions are auto-crits if the attacker is within 5' of the creature. This is not implemented. Is there a way to force a damage roll to be a crit, just like you can force an attack roll to have advantage.

Thanks!

yes
    in the modifier toolbox (right high), you have a button with critical to force it

You can also hold down SHIFT whilst double clicking or dragging the damage to the target.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you, both!

Adamantine weapons do crits always, can you force this to be always on?

You can add 'crit range 1' to the item properties but that seems to make EVERY attack a critical hit and they never miss??
    Last edited by flynnkd; April 4th, 2020 at 09:06.

Where do you see that adamantine weapons always do critical damage?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Where do you see that adamantine weapons always do critical damage?
    Xanathas Guide book, and the module I am using Odyssey of the Dragon Lords.

edit:

Teach me to read these things myself, trusted a player. It only does auto crits vs objects, inanimate objects. Still weapons with a crit range better than 20 could miss, but the above crit range mod makes it so they always hit, which is not true if it is less than 20.
    Last edited by flynnkd; April 4th, 2020 at 15:35.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnkd View Post
    Teach me to read these things myself, trusted a player. It only does auto crits vs objects, inanimate objects. Still weapons with a crit range better than 20 could miss, but the above crit range mod makes it so they always hit, which is not true if it is less than 20.
    Not sure what you mean.

A normal weapon has a crit range of 20, 20 is ALWAYS a hit, so no problem there. A crit range of 19 however still needs to hit to be a crit. If a roll of 19 is not a hit then it does not inflict damage and is not a crit. When I used the code it was making every crit a hit, regardless of whether it actually hit or not.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnkd View Post
    A normal weapon has a crit range of 20, 20 is ALWAYS a hit, so no problem there. A crit range of 19 however still needs to hit to be a crit. If a roll of 19 is not a hit then it does not inflict damage and is not a crit. When I used the code it was making every crit a hit, regardless of whether it actually hit or not.
    You'll need to tell me what code you are talking about but if it is critical range then in the weapon properties adding the code Crit range 19 will score a critical on a 19 or 20. If the character has an ability which allows for a a critical 19 or higher then open the weapon meta data (click the magnifying glass at the end of the weapon line) and add a 19 into the box for melee and/or ranged.

Thread Information