DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Map + Image buttons extension

Hello everyone.

Is there an existing extension that adds "Maps" and "Images" buttons to the "Images & Maps" window in order to quickly filter these in/out? I know that with bought adventures paths (PFRPG2) you can use the search field, but that means manually typing in the words.

Thanks in advance.

Such an extension isnt really possible. Both "maps" and "images" are the same record type in FG. FG doesnt know which one is a map vs which are considered images. So filtering by group and name is your only option.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Buttons to filter for the text search term "map" or "image" would suffice. All maps and images in FG adventure path modules seem to contain these names ("Image: xyz", "Map: xyz").

Something to keep FG from switching the group back to "All" every time you restart the program would also be useful, or something to permanently filter images of specific modules. I bought the PFRPG2 module and it is full of images (pages of them) that you hardly ever need (which also don't use the "Image:" moniker), but every time I open FG it lists these images.

Here is what I regularly use for quickly finding specific maps/images:

Attachment 34281

And here is what I get after opening FG for the first time of a day, then it's clickediclick and clackediclack to set the same filters over and over again:

Attachment 34282

Your attachments don't work for me.

Same here, looks like they are deleted or something. Maybe a copyright issue? So here we go again, this time only the attachments without the direct image view.

Attachment 34438

2020-04-24 08_48_21-Fantasy Grounds.png

That first one didn't work again. Maybe there's a size limit or something.

No idea what's up with image attachments here. Using Imgur this time:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Buttons to filter for the text search term "map" or "image" would suffice. All maps and images in FG adventure path modules seem to contain these names ("Image: xyz", "Map: xyz").
    That might work for some situations, but it's pretty uncommon for that to actually be the naming convention. I've never seen it used in anything 5E and suspect what you are looking at is either PF or PF2E? That might be a convention the developer for that/those has used.

One could always write an extension to add such buttons or you might want to look at the Field Filters for All Libraries extension. It might get you closer to what you would like.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes, PF and PF2E. The Field Filter extension is very useful for other purposes, but it has problems in PF2.

Thread Information