DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Task-Oriented Tuturials

Lots of questions and suggestions here.... take them one at a time.

Start building up this forum with task-oriented tutorials for modifying different aspects of the program.

For example:
    A sticky-post on "How to create a Feat" then, "How to create a Spell", "How to create a properly scaled 5' x 5' grid map?", and so on.

Looking at the ..\rulesets\...\database\ subfolder, how do we go about creating, removing, modifying existing sub-systems, such as:

classes.xml
    equipment.xml
    feats.xml
    modifiers.xml
    monsters.xml
    spelldesc.xml
    spelllists.xml
    spelllists_domains.xml
    spelllists_schools.xml

I think references documenting the 'fields' (nodes?) in the XML files would be helpful...maybe. Of more immediate importance is perhaps understanding which if any of these files are interrelated - and how they are related (like the four spell*.xml files).

Some of this might be more obvious than others, but despite some claims... XML isn't always "self-documenting". If I wanted to add a new spell for example, am I going to be editing four .XML files?

Where are "Skills" created?
    Where are Races created?

Are there templates the SmiteWorks team uses for adding in new entries to these .XML files (to ensure nothing gets missed)? If so, can they be posted up in appropriate "How do I create new [Feats | Spells | etc.) threads?

=============================================
    For me personally, I want to introduce the content from Eberron into a campaign. This requires creating, editing or removing:

items and equipment
    races
    skills
    spells
    classes
    feats
    monsters
    Action Points I think of as a 'trait' but perhaps in terms of FG, it might be considered a Feat with limited number of uses?
    -Aesir

Sorry to reignite an old post, but can I ask if you got anywhere with this as I'm looking to do exactly the same thing and I'm curious how your luck went and/or if your interested in sharing or doing some joint-development on Eberron content for FG.

Thread Information