DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Blog Entries
    There are several threads with detailed discussions regarding fudging rolls that you can search for if you want to know the various techniques and their pro's and con's for fudging rolls. Basically, FG can't flawlessly accommodate fudging, not because of technology/capability, but because if you are using the automation, then in order to fudge a roll, you have to interrupt the workflow, and as soon as you do that, the delay becomes obvious to the players.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

In the next beta of v3.2.2, I'm removing the [MANUAL ROLL] text from GM manual rolls to help with this scenario a little.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    In the next beta of v3.2.2, I'm removing the [MANUAL ROLL] text from GM manual rolls to help with this scenario a little.

Regards,
    JPG
    You are da man!

"The evil cleric lies bloodied and beaten, his minions only scattered and unbreathing bodies around the crypt."

"Yay!"

"The evil cleric, in a desperate last effort, calls on his god, using divine inspiration."

"Ha! Good luck!"

Players see the die roll. It's a "1".

"Uh oh."

Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    I know it sounds terrible, but this would be very useful for when I need to pull punches if the party is close to a TPK >.<
    I do not understand this "pulling punches."
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Fudging rolls

Yes, I know. The smiley indicated a joke. I roll in front of my players and do not pull punches.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Blog Entries
    I have an extension that will allow you to input the number you want the player to roll before they roll it. It doesn't change the number on the 3D dice, it changes the text number that comes up. I have my players black out their dice so they still get the feel of rolling dice but they can't tell the number on the dice doesn't match the text number. The text number overrides everything too. So I want their next roll to be a 20 but it comes up a 2 on the die...the 20 overrides the 2.
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Thread Information