STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    This is a fantastic option. Is there any way to roll a specific number for the PC's but from the GM's end, so they wouldn't know that the GM "loaded" the dice on his or her end? There have been a few situations where I've wanted or needed the PC's to roll a certain number (mainly critical hits) to end a battle sooner. I know I could just give the opponent less HP, but sometimes I'm looking to reward the player by allowing them to make the killing blow by rolling a crit. According to your post above it would work for a PC if they use the same FG "attack" action code. I'm looking to have it happen so they think the number that comes up is really one that they rolled.
    This is completely different and really not at all what this was put together for.

Having said that, in theory you could do it - but there could be all sorts of timing issues. The GM would need to override the player roll before they do their roll. Then, what happens if they roll something different and the override dice is used but isn't what you want. Or another player does an attack roll (or another roll) and picks up the override, etc., etc.. A lot of coding to do, with too many potential issues that could lead the PCs to knowing that you're overriding their rolls. Once they know you can do it then they'll always question their rolls in future. "Don't mess with my rolls man!"
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I like how this could be used to apply the Portent ability of the Divination Wizard

Could a 2nd option be added to force the roll on Saves. My players like to roll there own save and having the option to force a success when they succeed on the manual save for half damage in most cases would be very helpful.

I have my players roll their saves in the tower. If I want to force a success (or failure), I just tell them, regardless of what they rolled. They'll never know unless they hack my home network and download the chat logs...

Just remember, since saves aren't against an AC or anything, they can simply roll their save, and you apply damage if they succeed or fail.
    If the spell/save is a half damage on success, simply open the icon in the top right that looks like -/+ which is your modifier window, and select the "half" button before you roll damage if they succeeded.
    Picture guide:
    NPC chooses to attack player with Shatter.
    Player rolls manual save: https://puu.sh/nfeOR/c37d643803.jpg
    Let's say for arguments sake he fails, proceed to open this window: https://puu.sh/nfeSv/e5f1b45052.jpg
    Click the "half" button: https://puu.sh/nfeUd/e6a8bb60e4.jpg
    Roll damage, sit back in absolute satisfaction as it rolls and halves it naturally: https://puu.sh/nff24/0fb32bd8a4.jpg

Thank you spite. I had no idea that there was a modifier window. This has helped me a great deal.

This doesn't work for me now. Is there any reason?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    This doesn't work for me now. Is there any reason?
    There is a built in counter. I cant remember what the limit is but once you have reached a certain number in a month it wont let you use it any more to stop you over fudging the result.
    Hopefully it will be working again by next weeks game.

Hahahaha, Damn, no 90% critical rate on my monsters anymore!

Thread Information