DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Is anyone using this?

Is anyone successfully using FGII and the RMC modules to run a game? We are looking at moving toward this method of gaming (we have folks all over the US) and I would like to see if there are any folks running this now? I am sure i would need a large amout of help getting up to speed.

-BP

I'm a member of Ardem's group (Aus), we use the Fantasy Roleplaying ruleset.

And there is the Forgotten Realms - Lost Mine Campaign thread just below.

Are you having any issues? I have heard the following, and wondering if it is sour grapes or an actual issue.

1) System crashes - One person posted a message that the last two times thye have played the system crashed causing them to restart the session.

2) Ease of map use - I have heard that moving maps around the screen is a royal pain

Wondering if going this route is valid option.

-BP

Personally as a player, (I'm going to try my first GM attempt soon) I wouldn't say I've seen or experienced any of those issues.

I've been learning to use the maps as a GM, and while it may take 15 minutes to get your head around it. Shouldn't be any issues unless it doesn't share to the players properly. Which is normally due to file sizes and transfer rates to everyone. But we've had that once in the 14 months I've been playing.

So, its all good on my end. But I'm sure Ardem or one of the more experienced Rolemaster users can detail further.

Quote Originally Posted by bpowell View Post
    Are you having any issues? I have heard the following, and wondering if it is sour grapes or an actual issue.

1) System crashes - One person posted a message that the last two times thye have played the system crashed causing them to restart the session.

2) Ease of map use - I have heard that moving maps around the screen is a royal pain

Wondering if going this route is valid option.

-BP
    Whether its sour grapes or not, FG is like any other piece of software: if you learn to use it properly you'll have very little if no problems with it; on the other-hand, if you "think you know it all", come across as an @sshole, don't accept the help that the community offers, and generally don't learn how to use the program, then you'll have a PITA with it - its up to the individual.

Personally, I've been using FG for years and haven't had any issues with it - in fact, I like it so much I completely abandoned work on my own VTT and shifted all my attention to FG. Now I write Extensions and other community creations (including Tutorial Videos - see the FG Wiki and/or my sig).

Is it perfect? No. Does it have its issues? Yes. Are the Devs quick to get things fixed when they do go wrong? Yes. Is the Community helpful and friendly? Best I've ever been involved with - period, ever!

You'll have a lot of fun and get a lot of help if you ask, so my advice is jump in - you will be glad you did.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

If you're used to playing Rolemaster with all the books and tables "manually" then playing Rolemaster in Fantasy Grounds will be a godsend for you. After a few games (once you've got used to the app) you'll be wondering how you ever played manually with the tables before. Combats will be resolved so much quicker, critical results tracked and you can concentrate on the game rather than looking up info all the time.

One person reporting a crash is really nothing to worry about, they've more than likely managed to corrupt their local data which can be easily fixed. If lots of people were reporting crashes then I'd be concerned, but they aren't.

Using maps is fine, once you spend a few minutes learning the interface. You can open/close, resize, zoom, pan, minimise, reset and fix the size horizontally or vertically. If someone is saying that moving maps around is a royal pain then they either don't know how to do it, have just taken a disliking to the interface or have the worlds smallest screen (in which case maps will be a pain in any application, bout just FG).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is anyone successfully using FGII and the RMC modules to run a game?
    Over 2600 RMC FG sessions ran last year: https://www.enworld.org/forum/conten...D-D!)#comments

I'd say that's quite a few people successfully running RMC games. :-)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Strange question.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post

You'll have a lot of fun and get a lot of help if you ask, so my advice is jump in - you will be glad you did.

Cheers
    So here is how I see it. If I pay for the Ultimate Lifetime license my players can all just use the Free app, correct?

-BP

So here is how I see it. If I pay for the Ultimate Lifetime license my players can all just use the Free app, correct?
    Correct.

You'll need to buy the RMC ruleset as well: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store....xcp?id=DGA080. Your players don't need to buy anything, they'll use your ruleset and library modules when connected to your FG campaign session.

Thread Information