FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Can I use tokens from other rulesets?

So I purchased M&M with the intention of running a campaign set in the 30's. Looking at various token sets available on the FG marketplace I see there are a couple of token sets in the savage worlds rule set that would be perfect for my M&M campaign. Specifically the Daring Tales of Adventure Figure Flats. If I purchase this set is there a way to make them usable in the Mutants and masterminds rule set? I own the savage worlds rule set as well and I know once I run the update the set would be available for savage worlds but not M&M.

Any ideas?

finally, I own several M&M books from second edition, including their Golden age supplement. I have been experimenting with Parse, is it possible to parse material from that supplement into M&M?

Thank's for any feedback.

Blog Entries
    Its a good question... if its a token pack hopefully it is listed as <ruleset>Any<ruleset> but that will vary from product to product...

M&M is an older ruleset so i dont know if it supports the referencemanual formats that par5e produces... Parse requires CoreRPG at a minimum I think...

When I look up token pacts for the M&M rule set in the FG shop the token pact I am interested in does not come up. It only comes up if you shop for savage world products. So I assume that I would have to find a way to manually make the tokens usable in M&M if that is even possible.

An issue I am seeing in the M&M interface is there is no setting to set the scale of tokens on the map. While creating and setting up an encounter I was using tokens from the precis intermedia modern gangs set and in every case I had to scale and lock each individual npc token as I placed it on the map (after setting the grid scale of course). is there any way to preset the token scale? In 5E I can set my tokens to 80% of the grid scale and the tokens scale automatically.

okay, I did search for token packs using the M&M ruleset and the token pack publisher (triple ace games) and nothing comes up. So it seems like it is rule set specific which I think is ridiculous. I think maybe because the token pack is labeled for a specific game maybe there is a licensing issue. Which is dumb since I own the savage worlds rule set as well as the M&M rule set.

Blog Entries
    its an older ruleset that doesnt support this feature.
    if its a SW token pack you prolly cant even extract the tokens - you might email [email protected] this particular question.

Blog Entries
    The tokens are all set to work with any ruleset. Looking at that specific module, however, shows that it uses the old installation programs and has not been placed in the patch system yet. It installs to the old Fantasy Grounds II folder instead of the Fantasy Grounds folder and would need to be manually moved. Let me know which ones you might be interested in and I can shift them tomorrow into our patch system and label them as generic items in the store instead of being specific to Savage Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    its an older ruleset that doesnt support this feature.
    if its a SW token pack you prolly cant even extract the tokens - you might email [email protected] this particular question.
    Thank you for the feedback. Maybe with the extra business that 5E has brought to smiteworks they can devote some resources to updating this rule set. We can always hope. I will shoot them an email though.
    thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    The tokens are all set to work with any ruleset. Looking at that specific module, however, shows that it uses the old installation programs and has not been placed in the patch system yet. It installs to the old Fantasy Grounds II folder instead of the Fantasy Grounds folder and would need to be manually moved. Let me know which ones you might be interested in and I can shift them tomorrow into our patch system and label them as generic items in the store instead of being specific to Savage Worlds.
    Thank you for your input. I will see if I can find and move the sets manually. I missed your post earlier. In the meantime I sent support a request for assistance. Hopefully I can resolve this without your help. but I will let you know.
    The set I was hoping to use in M&M is "Daring Tales of Adventure Figure Flats" from Triple Ace games.

Again thank you for the assistance.
    Last edited by Diceman; February 5th, 2016 at 11:26.

Just an update:
    I was able to locate the module and move the file into the correct location and now I am able to see the set in both the Savage Worlds and mutants and masterminds rule sets. Thank you for the assistance. Once I understood how the product was installed it was a simple thing to fix.
    Thank you again. I'm a big proponent of your products.

Thread Information