DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Pogs?

Pogs?

Hope I have the right term! I am looking for tokens that have a base. I have seen these called pogs, so I am guessing that is the term?
    If anyone has any, or knows where I could go to get some, I would appreciate the help. I already have plenty of alphabet ones, looking for figures now.

Thanks,
    Ashekelor

You'll find quite a few of what you are looking for in the store here or on Steam. Just do a search for Token Packs. There's many available either with or without a stand. I believe the term POG means without a stand by the way although I could be wrong. All the ones I have that are in POG files don't have a stand and the ones with stands seem to be called tokens.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I did not get my subscription through Steam. When I purchase I probably will. Thanks for the info.

Ash, if you look at my posts in this sub forum, I'm making tokens for anyone to use, although I release them a pack at a time for each individual... Individual.

Really? That's pretty awesome and very nice of you! I'll go to your post then, and thank you.

POGs were small cardboard circles that originally came under bottlecaps for milk and juice. They had logos on them for the various drink companies or other promotions. Kids played a tiddlywinks style of game with them. In the 90s they saw a brief resurgence and were manufactured by the millions with anything and everything on them, including fantasy monsters and other art. I had a baseball card store in a mall when Magic hit the market and anything with that style of art on it started flying off the shelves. We sold tons of pogs. I took home any with decent art on them. (Ownership hath its privileges) They made perfect markers for D&D. Most of the POGs I see as tokens on FG are just referring to pictures cropped into a circle as opposed to tokens with irregular borders.

BTW, POG was for Pineapple Orange Guava. That was the kind of juice bottle they originally came on.

And if you didn't know, FG already comes with a bunch of pogs - animals, creatures and characters. Activate the relevant token module from the token bag -> modules section of FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Craw View Post
    POGs were small cardboard circles that originally came under bottlecaps for milk and juice. They had logos on them for the various drink companies or other promotions. Kids played a tiddlywinks style of game with them. In the 90s they saw a brief resurgence and were manufactured by the millions with anything and everything on them, including fantasy monsters and other art. I had a baseball card store in a mall when Magic hit the market and anything with that style of art on it started flying off the shelves. We sold tons of pogs. I took home any with decent art on them. (Ownership hath its privileges) They made perfect markers for D&D. Most of the POGs I see as tokens on FG are just referring to pictures cropped into a circle as opposed to tokens with irregular borders.

BTW, POG was for Pineapple Orange Guava. That was the kind of juice bottle they originally came on.
    How interesting! I could never find an explanation for what a POG was. Clearly such things never made it over here, or more likely they just passed me by
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    How interesting! I could never find an explanation for what a POG was. Clearly such things never made it over here, or more likely they just passed me by
    Oddly, CNN.com just ran a featurette on POGs. https://www.greatbigstory.com/storie...iref=obnetwork

And I was wrong. It was Passion Fruit, not Pineapple...

Thanks for the wonderful explanation! I do not recall ever hearing the word before I first opened Fantasy Grounds tokens and found the pogs there. Ever since I have been searching for more. I am making portrait style tokens using the token tool. However, if anyone knows of "pog style" tokens out there for free or purchase, give me a holler. Oh, I do have many of Harske's already. Very nice!
    Last edited by Ashekelor; February 9th, 2016 at 03:35. Reason: forgot to mention something

Thread Information