DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

A Fantasy Grounds alternative (Boo! - We like our version)

Check out https://www.ghostorb.com

Some interesting elements.

Wow. They are promising a *lot*

Bleah. Monthly fee.

rv

Interesting yes, worthwhile, maybe.

It offers a lot of things, but the major issue they're going to run into is going to be in the area of 'module submissions' and the quality that they want...

No offense meant, but a lot of people that write modules shouldn't, and a lot of people that think they should write modules, should think again.

Module writing is far harder than writing a generic supplement about classes or a new campaign setting... because you have to try to plan for all the weird things PC's do... *shrug*

And it's subscription based... so 1 of 2 things is going to happen, they'll eventually drop the pricing or drop the quality of the modules... or maybe even both.

Either way, I don't see it as a major problem for FG's... if nothing else, there's some good 'feature requests' on the way.
    W. Robert Reed III
    Mynex
    - #1 Evil Monkey
    - Code Monkey Publishing Co-Founder
    - El Mono Calvo Malvado

Yes. I want the feature where I can charge my players credit cards when they logon to my games! :lol: Not.

Heck I don't play MMORPG's because of a monthy fee, (can't wait for GuildWars) I doubt I'll be forking out cash for 'professional' games or a subscription to their program anytime soon.

That said I have paid to play at conventions before now, although more often than not I GM instead, in return for free entry.

You have to depend on them to run your app, not worth the time.

The only other Alternative to FG that I felt was worth spending my money on is kLoOge.Werks. It has a lot of the things that we keep wanting FG to have such as Zooming and I like the Licensing better. There are several other things as well but I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet. :lol:

Note that I don't dislike FG at all and I intend to still fully use and support FG and it's community. There are some things that FG does that I wish KW would do - the dice, the way I can present the manuals and character sheets and the ability to really organize my adventures.

well kLoOge.Werks seems a good alternative to me because of their package license.

Klooge

I used Klooge for a while as I liked their mapping capabilities and the licensing. But I converted to FG because of the flexibility in creating campaigns and characters.

Klooge requires quite a bit of work to utilize the automated features... something I dont have the time for. I immensely like the flexibility in FG in that it provides GMs the capability to enter in as little or as much as they desire. Further it has a nice table top feel and the sharing of documents is a very nice feature in terms of how I run my campaigns.

My one cent!

BTS

I've been toying with the demo for Klooge and it seems to have a nasty reboot-crash bug. I am staying clear of this program.

Thread Information