5E Character Create Playlist
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    You should check the NPCs for their stats. Most of them have very low HP for their CR. At least those who don't exist in the Monster Manual. The module was released before the rules there finished.
    Exampel: Human Warrior CR 1, 11 HP there in MM a half-ogre is CR 1 with 30 HP. Tribal Warrior is close to Human Warrior in stats but are CR 1/8
    This means you get a lot more XP than you should for the challenge.
    And you should make the named chars tougher. A boss who goes down in one round is not very fun.

I don't remember how the levelling went but I didn't use milestones at least.

In this adventure, the Crag Cat is CR 3, but in Storm King's Thunder, the Crag Cat is CR1. Is this a mistake, or are they different creatures?

It's not exactly the same cat. In this they don't get the Spell Turnining ability. But thats about it. I should go with SKTs version of the cat.
    And it's not a mistake but an exact conversion of the adventure as written. It's just that the adventure was playtest material and they changed things afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozer the Gozerian View Post
    In this adventure, the Crag Cat is CR 3, but in Storm King's Thunder, the Crag Cat is CR1. Is this a mistake, or are they different creatures?
    I'd go with the SKT version. The Legacy module was from the D&D Next Playtest rules (5E Alpha basically) so probably has changed over the years.

Do the maps in this adventure have line of sight?

Quote Originally Posted by Tel Arin View Post
    There are no battle maps in this adventure. Just towns and visual maps over locations.
    (Not exactly true, there is one battle map for the encounter at the gates of BS. But it's not useful)

Quote Originally Posted by Tel Arin View Post
    If you mean the maps that I did linked in the first post then no they don't have any LoS on them, sorry.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information