DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: using modules

using modules

I’ve created an adventure that I want to use as part of a larger campaign, so I’ve saved it as a module using “/export [name] [description]”. I then created a new campaign, opened it, opened the “module activation” sheet and clicked on the module that I had created, to activate it. But none of the sheets I created for the module appear in my new campaign. Am I doing something wrong?

If you have apposolutely nothing in the new campaign there appears to be a problem with loading modules.

Create and object in each of the catagories, Story, Personalities, Items, Images. They don't have to have and data and you can delete them later.

Log out, log in and then load the module.

Thanks for the advice, Bagpuss2. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work.

I'm beginning to think it could be creating the module file that is the problem. Given that the original adventure has a lot of graphics files and the module file is only about 300 kb, it could well be that none of the files from the original adventure are being passed to the module file.

Is there anything else I need to do apart from using the /export command to make sure the module file is being created correctly?

If you rename the module name.zip you can open it and read it in XML and see which images are included.

As I thought!

I renamed the mod file to make it a zip file and opened it. Two xml files had been created; one called "definition.xml" which contained the name of the mod file I had created and one called "db.xml" which contained no data. So it seems when I use the /export command, a file is being created but none of the data from my adventure is being transferred to it.

In your ruleset folder, you should have a file called d20_export.xml

There should be a node for items...can you check that?

Quote Originally Posted by msd

First, I like quoting myself. It makes me feel important and making me feel important should be an important goal of everyone who posts on these boards :wink:

OK, seriously.

This is what I was talking about:

Code:
    <root>
    	<exportinfo>
    		<node name="encounter" />
    		<node name="image" />
    		<node name="npc" />
    		<root>
    	<exportinfo>
    		<node name="encounter" />
    		<node name="image" />
    		<node name="npc" />
    		<node name="item" />
    	</exportinfo>
    </root>
    	</exportinfo>
    </root>
    While I don't *know*, I suspect that <node name="item" />determines whether story pages are exported. You don't, for any reason, show that as missing, do you?

I don't have a file called d20_export.xml either in my ruleset folder or in any other folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayt

I don't have a file called d20_export.xml either in my ruleset folder or in any other folder.
    Hmm...that's bizarre. What version are you running?

Have you run the unpack.exe file?

Thread Information