5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Maps of a gnoll infested valley forest

These are some of the maps I've developed using Campaign Cartographer for one of the modules in a campaign I run. We were discussing the length of the module prep time in another thread... these are the maps for the module. Shared here as Creative Commons license: Non-commercial use only, with attribution to Adam Pacio (c) 2015-2016.

These aren't all of them. I'll post more as the group wants them. There are 5 separate "Encampment master maps" and two sets of caverns/catacombs in the module. These first maps are literally 'first maps' in Campaign Cartographer 3+ using the Dungeons of Schley symbol addon. They get better within the module as I learned the interface and my preferences more.

The 'buildings' on the map are meant to be tents, some more elaborate than others, in which the gnolls are camped. I used 'door' symbols to show the main entry area, but as the walls are canvas and hides, and tarps, it's not as fixed as the map makes it look.

Enjoy. More to come in this thread.

Maps of a gnoll infested valley forest 2

More maps. Finishing out Iyna the Gnoll Pack Lady's encampment, plus a "Generic Forest encounter" battlemap. Creative commons licensed, non-commercial, with attribution to Adam Pacio (c) 2015-2016.

Enjoy!

Gnoll encampment 2 - Yeepcha the Pack Lord's encampment

More maps. Shared under a Creative Commons license, non-commercial with attribution to Adam Pacio (c)2015-2016.

Second gnoll encampment in the woods. Different encampment patterns, different tents. Enjoy!

Gnoll encampment 2 - Yeepcha the Pack Lord's encampment

More maps for Yeepcha's region. Shared under Creative Commons license, non-commercial use, attribution to Adam Pacio (c)2015-2016.

Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    Nice work! Really love that generic forest map.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

More later on tonight. I'll post the Druidic Catacombs, a gnoll encampment with a stream in it in the woods, a gnoll encampment including a stone henge battlemap, and a nifty elemental vault inside the so-called "Caverns of Mechanus" (named before I realized Mechanus would use straight lines, not rough caverns. The name stuck, but the map is quite orderly). I'm just running out of time before work today is all. Hope you like them.

Nice maps. It might be worth considering rolling them all up into a module for easier download.

You may also want to consider including a guide square so that it is easier to position the grid within Fantasy Grounds.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Cool, thanks, keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Nice maps. It might be worth considering rolling them all up into a module for easier download.

You may also want to consider including a guide square so that it is easier to position the grid within Fantasy Grounds.
    Right. Gotcha. Thanks for the tips. I never thought of exporting just maps to a module for sharing purposes, but now that you say it, it makes total sense.

I tend to be a bit loose when it comes to scale in my own mind, since zooming in and out on maps in FG gives things a bit more fluidity. Usually what I do to set my grids is find a door graphic on one of the tents and build the grid square to fit the door, knowing that it's then mapping to the original scale of door symbol=roughly 5' (in CC). But I can totally see where adding finishing touches like guide squares makes more sense for battlemap slices. I'll add that to my repertoire moving forward.

Glad folks like them! Happy to share so long as someone's getting use out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by pacio49 View Post
    But I can totally see where adding finishing touches like guide squares makes more sense for battlemap slices.
    Don't grid the whole map, just make one square near a corner somewhere.

Thread Information