DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Unicode format and other language support?

Hi, I am a player from Taiwan, Fantasy ground is a great software, I bought ultimate version and several ruleset and module.
    but the main problem is that I can't type Chinese in the chat window, and whole english interface is some kind of treshold for me to persuade my friends to give up other simple tool for their TRPG course....
    if it possible to have Chinese interface? or at least support Unicode typing? it will much easier for Taiwan, mainland China, or japanese to play TRPG with FG, and I thought it was also a huge market...

Hi Aeoreign, currently FG only supports iso-8859-1 encoding. Unicode support is something the developers want to add but that won't happen until after the next major engine update to Unity.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    Hi Aeoreign, currently FG only supports iso-8859-1 encoding. Unicode support is something the developers want to add but that won't happen until after the next major engine update to Unity.
    Is it known/confirmed that the unicode support is coming in the unity version?

Blog Entries
    What he said was, first they are finishing Unity, then after that they'll see if they can add Unicode.

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    Yesterday I writed Tutorial for UNICODE characters and how to get them inside FG.
    If developers generate more graphical fonts presets (for French, Swedish, Finish, etc...)
    as I does for Central European Languages, Polish or last time Hebrew etc... and user by selecting from predefined menu choose right for them - as enable extension,
    then UNICODE problems will be easily SOLVED!

Chinese and Japan fonts are little complicated because they consist of signs which at the end create one letter .
    Last edited by MarianDz; October 8th, 2017 at 12:40.

Thread Information