5E Character Create Playlist
Page 13 of 19 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    Hey folks, I took a look at character sheet export and wasn't in love with the available options so started a different take on a 5e sheet. In particular, I didn't like basing the sheet off images of the WotC or AL sheets because:

• This leads to small but odd-looking alignment problems that are supremely fiddly to adjust and not really solvable en-masse.
    • It constrains us on space, meaning that anything that doesn't fit into the space allotted in the image just has to be cut off. This particularly bit me on stuff like personality, ideals, and bonds.

Unfortunately, I didn't actually finish the sheet... and I'm likely stalled on time to work on it for a while... but rather than sit on the unfinished thing I figured I'd post it half done and see if it inspired anyone to race to me to finish. Here's a screenshot of how far I've gotten:

• Name, Class, Level(s), Background, and other top-level metadata get populated.
    • Ability scores
    • Saves and proficiencies
    • HP
    • Languages and Proficiences
    • A few other little boxes and fields

Spells, class features, inventory, and the role-play text fields aren't done yet. And this is where some of the benefits of the new sheet would come in, as these boxes could be restyled to grow on demand.

Here's a screenshot of how it look so far (someday I'm going to figure out how to inline an image here, but not today):

FGCharacterSheetPrints-pollux-5e-PoC.png
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ddavison; February 29th, 2020 at 20:29. Reason: Fixed image link

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pollux View Post
    Hey folks, I took a look at character sheet export and wasn't in love with the available options so started a different take on a 5e sheet.
    Great work. That is a very smart approach that should be much more flexible.

Looks good!

Hi,

As there wasn't a sheet for the pathfinder2 ruleset I've been playing around with the xsl for use in the character sheet generator. with the following results. It is based on a table structure using my meagre knowledge of HTML and newly learnt XSL skills

2020-03-25.png
    2020-03-25 (1).png
    2020-03-25 (2).png

this is the xsl file - just simply add it to the FGCharacterSheetPrinter_Data\StreamingAssets\XSLSh eets folder and you should be good to go
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by erithian View Post
    Hi,

As there wasn't a sheet for the pathfinder2 ruleset I've been playing around with the xsl for use in the character sheet generator. with the following results. It is based on a table structure using my meagre knowledge of HTML and newly learnt XSL skills
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing your work.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Hi,

2020-03-25.png
    2020-03-25 (1).png
    2020-03-25 (2).png

this is the xsl file - just simply add it to the FGCharacterSheetPrinter_Data\StreamingAssets\XSLSh eets folder and you should be good to go
    Excellent work.

Any news on this in the last 3.5 years? I would really like to extend this to cover some of the sheets, and systems I am using, including some tweaks to the application. Is the code in a Git repository or somewhere I can access it?

- Dave

Blog Entries
    We are not planning to release the source code. It is a pretty simple XSL transformation applied to an XML source document. The app let’s you choose the XML and XSL.

It is set up to work with different rulesets and character sheets by just building a new XSL file.

<snip>

Edited:

Derp - Wrong thread - my bad
    Last edited by Nightstride; May 18th, 2020 at 01:43.

Blog Entries
    Hi,

2020-03-25.png
    2020-03-25 (1).png
    2020-03-25 (2).png

Erithian,

Would you be okay with us including your XSL sheet in an official release and/or update for Fantasy Grounds? If so, please email me at [email protected] with your approval and attach the latest version of the XSL sheet to that email for our records.

Thread Information