5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Pest

Pest

sorry to be such a bother with all these question, i promise i am learning slowly but surely. ok so i have two questions. first off i have made a bunch of decals, is there a way to consolidate them into to one package to share with others? i assume i can just export them as images into a moduler. but i was thinking there must be a way to make a extention package. my next question or rather problem is with exporting. So i made a handful of items along with a refference manual. i pull all the items into the export no worries there. i also put the refference manual in there as well. it consist of a cover, credit page and a table of contents. i put each of those into the export. the issue is when i reload the module the refference manual is there but its blank. what am i missing here.

i have hunted down videos on youtube and according to them im doing it right but still its blank.

i want to thank everyone for the help you have offered and for putting up with my nonstop questions

Blog Entries
    Decals don't need to be in an extension. You can just make them as an image module and share that. Since GMs set the decal via the Assets UI, they just need to be images in FG.

Don't try to open your exported module in the campaign you created it in.

Start by reading this: Module - Background Decal Pack Creation - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net)

This will tell you recommended image sizes and formats: Developer Guide - Product Guidelines - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net)

See this post and the link in my signature for recommendations on best practices; Module - Overview - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net)

The best place to distribute your modules and extensions is via the Forge; Fantasy Grounds Forge - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net)
    Make sure you own the IP or have distribution rights especially for images and graphics you use before distributing them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ok so i can now make a module. but i create a new game to enter each one. this does work but i am fastly cluttering up things. is it as simple as going in to the directeroy and delete the extra campagins or is there something i need to worry about?

I'm not understanding your process here.

To create a file of images start a campaign and import the images into that campaign. Then export the images to a module from that one campaign. So if you have 10 images import all 10 into the one campaign and then export to a module ticking the images box in the menu. If you ever want to add more images then do so in the same module; follow the same procedure - import the images to the campaign and export to the same module. So if you add 5 more add them to the campaign and export to the same module and now you'll have 15 images in that module.

This is only needed if you want to share the images that you have created with someone else (not a player joining your game - but another DM or whatever). If they are just for personal use add the images to the images folder in FG data and they'll be available to you in any campaign in the data bag in Assets > Images.

Also just in case you are trying to do this; you can't add things to a module from another campaign. You can only add things to the module from the same campaign you originally created it in.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit King View Post
    sorry to be such a bother with all these question, i promise i am learning slowly but surely. ok so i have two questions. first off i have made a bunch of decals, is there a way to consolidate them into to one package to share with others? i assume i can just export them as images into a moduler. but i was thinking there must be a way to make a extention package. my next question or rather problem is with exporting. So i made a handful of items along with a refference manual. i pull all the items into the export no worries there. i also put the refference manual in there as well. it consist of a cover, credit page and a table of contents. i put each of those into the export. the issue is when i reload the module the refference manual is there but its blank. what am i missing here.

i have hunted down videos on youtube and according to them im doing it right but still its blank.

i want to thank everyone for the help you have offered and for putting up with my nonstop questions
    If you try to link official artwork from any of the official modules or books, those particular will not be included. When you make edits to your campaign, make sure that you are right clicking, and returning to launcher. Avoid loading your exported module within the same work campaign folder, as it will show only the oldest content. You can delete campaign folders that you will not use. Be careful not to delete the wrong campaign folders when necessary and make backups of your FG data folder. Delete older modules or place them in a backup folder as older revisions. If you have duplicates of your exported modules that will also cause issues for you. Try not to export for smaller changes. I would not export unless you really need to do so. If you intend to group several modules or projects together, you can separate these in Data Groups within your work campaign to help sort your work and such.

Maybe some of these videos might help down the road?

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...wsAbeEWYRtsR9i
    Last edited by Laerun; February 25th, 2024 at 14:32. Reason: Clarity.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit King View Post
    Ok so i can now make a module. but i create a new game to enter each one. this does work but i am fastly cluttering up things. is it as simple as going in to the directeroy and delete the extra campagins or is there something i need to worry about?
    Good Day The Hermit King
    If you are asking about deleting the campaigns created after you make the modules (Meaning you have a huge list of campaigns to choose from when loading your campaign). Yes, it is as simple as deleting the files from your campaign folder.

One trick to eliminate the many campaigns on the list.

Create a folder in your Campaigns folder and move the other folders of campaigns into that.

FG does not show any of the campaigns in that folder and so it is automatically suppressed on your list of available campaigns to open.

My example:

Dragonslayers
    Traveller
    Traveller Module Building
    Xbackups

Older campaigns go into the Xbackups and only the top three show on the list of options to choose from at start.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Thread Information