DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 19 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pollux View Post
    Hey folks, I took a look at character sheet export and wasn't in love with the available options so started a different take on a 5e sheet. In particular, I didn't like basing the sheet off images of the WotC or AL sheets because:

• This leads to small but odd-looking alignment problems that are supremely fiddly to adjust and not really solvable en-masse.
    • It constrains us on space, meaning that anything that doesn't fit into the space allotted in the image just has to be cut off. This particularly bit me on stuff like personality, ideals, and bonds.

Unfortunately, I didn't actually finish the sheet... and I'm likely stalled on time to work on it for a while... but rather than sit on the unfinished thing I figured I'd post it half done and see if it inspired anyone to race to me to finish. Here's a screenshot of how far I've gotten:

• Name, Class, Level(s), Background, and other top-level metadata get populated.
    • Ability scores
    • Saves and proficiencies
    • HP
    • Languages and Proficiences
    • A few other little boxes and fields

Spells, class features, inventory, and the role-play text fields aren't done yet. And this is where some of the benefits of the new sheet would come in, as these boxes could be restyled to grow on demand.

Here's a screenshot of how it look so far (someday I'm going to figure out how to inline an image here, but not today):

Attachment 31817
    Pollux,

Would you be okay with us including your XSL sheet in an official release and/or update for Fantasy Grounds? If so, please email me at [email protected] with your approval and attach the latest version of the XSL sheet to that email for our records.

Has anyone done any further work on Pollux's sheet? I'd like to see this finished product.

I downloaded the Linux FG Universal Character Sheet Printer, but I can't find a way to run it in Pop_OS 20.04 which is based on Ubuntu 20.04. Can somebody please let me know how to install it in either system?

Thank You,

Mike LaPointe

The application provided in the original post is a Windows executable only.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The application provided in the original post is a Windows executable only.

Regards,
    JPG
    Sorry Moon, Doug posted Mac and Linux versions as well. I was surprised to find them, but they are in the OP.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That's what I get for answering fast. I'll bump to Doug then.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by mlapoint View Post
    I downloaded the Linux FG Universal Character Sheet Printer, but I can't find a way to run it in Pop_OS 20.04 which is based on Ubuntu 20.04. Can somebody please let me know how to install it in either system?

Thank You,

Mike LaPointe
    It's not an installer or have an installer, it's the program. For command line, once you download the zip file, move it someplace you like, then unzip it. You will need to change permissions to make it executable "chmod +x FGCharacterSheetPrinter.x86". Then run it, "./FGCharacterSheetPrinter.x86".

Another way to do it, on Ubuntu 20.04, using default file manager is:
    1) right click zip file, "Extract Here".
    2) Double click, or open the new folder, "FGCharacterSheetPrinter_Linux".
    3) right click the file "FGCharacterSheetPrinter.x86", select "Properties", select "Permissions" tab, check the box that says "Allow executing file as a program".
    4) Close properties box.
    5) Double click "FGCharacterSheetPrinter.x86" to run it.
    Last edited by cas206; March 19th, 2021 at 15:55. Reason: Add non-CLI.

FYI anyone fighting to get this working in Linux (specifically in my case Ubuntu 18.04 - when I clicked to make a printable sheet nothing happened) all you really need are your exported xml files and the xsl files and you can download xmlto in the public ubuntu repo to do this.

sudo apt-get install xmlto

xmlto -x <xsl_filename> --skip-validation html <character_export>

For some reason the resulting output is the same as the character export filename, except with a .proc extension. If you just rename it to a .html extension, you can then view it on your browser and print it off just fine.

Looks perfect for pollux's XSL file - except as stated previously the XSL isn't finished - Spells, class features, inventory, and the role-play text fields aren't done yet.

I'm desperately trying to find a workable solution to getting character sheets printed off from Fantasy Grounds as I have remote players that unable to run Fantasy Grounds (no computer, tablet only) that I'm just running a second instance of Fantasy Grounds as a player and screen sharing that instance through Discord - which works just fine except for they have no access to anything about their characters unless I pull their character sheet up for them through the screen shared instance and poke around as they ask me to. It's definitely not the best solution.

@daddyogreman, not that I want to advertise a paid extension but this may (or may not) be something you're interested in. It is working pretty well for me for printing out FG character sheets and may be something that might help you...

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/347...istopher+busse

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    @daddyogreman, not that I want to advertise a paid extension but this may (or may not) be something you're interested in. It is working pretty well for me for printing out FG character sheets and may be something that might help you...

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/347...istopher+busse
    I'd be willing to entertain the idea, but they lost me at

Requirements
    Windows 7 and up

Don't have a windows machine - I've got a laptop running linux and a laptop running mac.
    Thanks for kicking out the idea though!

I'm already thinking I might have to learn some xsl and finish off pollux's sheet.
    Just tossing in another vote for Fantasy Grounds to officially support some way to print off a character sheet. It does seem like quite an oversight at this point.

Thread Information