STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Thanks in advance for this thread an the info. I've imported the 20th level paladin and dragged Aura of Prot to the Actions tab. How do I see that it is being applied to a save? The saves on the Main sheet aren't updated and when I do a test save roll it doesn't apply the edit. I just started learning FG so I may be missing something very easy/obvious.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums TurkRPh

A few things about effects:
    - The PC (or NPC) need to be in the combat tracker.
    - The effect needs to be added to the NPC in the combat tracker. In the case of the Aura of Protection, the effect is Aura of Protection; SAVE: [CHA] The [CHA] means that it will use the PC's Charisma bonus and for this to work the effect must be applied tot he combat tracker from a PC's character sheet actions tab by pressing the man outline button for the effect.
    - Effects will not adjust any value on the character sheet, it adjusts the roll and/or targeting result (e.g. reported hit/miss in the case of an attack).

More info on effects here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the forums TurkRPh

A few things about effects:
    - The PC (or NPC) need to be in the combat tracker.
    - The effect needs to be added to the NPC in the combat tracker. In the case of the Aura of Protection, the effect is Aura of Protection; SAVE: [CHA] The [CHA] means that it will use the PC's Charisma bonus and for this to work the effect must be applied tot he combat tracker from a PC's character sheet actions tab by pressing the man outline button for the effect.
    - Effects will not adjust any value on the character sheet, it adjusts the roll and/or targeting result (e.g. reported hit/miss in the case of an attack).

More info on effects here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects
    That did it. Thank you so much. We're doing a test run tonight and I'll be honest the combat tracker has been a bit confused.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkRPh View Post
    We're doing a test run tonight and I'll be honest the combat tracker has been a bit confused.
    Good luck.

To be perfectly honest, for your first few runs, don't try to automate everything with effects - you have way too much to get used to without applying (and removing) lots of effects, etc.. Get used to the FG interface first - share maps and story entries, get used to the basics of the combat tracker (Initiative, targeting and hit points), get used to the PC sheet and, for the GM, the NPC sheet, etc., etc..

For your first session I'd recommend you consider making rolls like you would do in a face-to-face game - either manually set the modifier/ADV/DISADV in the modifier stack/with the buttons below the chat window before rolling, or just roll and work out the totals yourself (just like you would do face-to-face). You can still trigger the roll from the PC or NPC sheet, which will have the base bonus and saves a lot of time to start with.

Then, as you get more familiar with FG, you can start to look at things like effects and more advanced combat tracker features. It was probably my fifth session that I even considered using effects.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Deleted due to continued delving into the app Filters are sometimes dangerous
    Last edited by Discmage; July 26th, 2018 at 18:26. Reason: Clarification due to continued use...

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Oath of the Ancients
    Aura of Warding – There’s no test that can be made for spells so this effect can’t be placed all the time since it would give resistances against every source of damage. Place it just before characters are about to take damage from spells.
    Just checking to see if possibly Moon snuck a test for this in when magic resistance was fully implemented. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    Just checking to see if possibly Moon snuck a test for this in when magic resistance was fully implemented. Anyone know?
    Add an effect called MAGIC RESISTANCE. Note that in the graphic no advantage was granted against the Dex save against the dragon breath but was against the acolytes Fire Bolt spell.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Add an effect called MAGIC RESISTANCE. Note that in the graphic no advantage was granted against the Dex save against the dragon breath but was against the acolytes Fire Bolt spell.
    I knew about MAGIC RESISTANCE, but I was wondering about RESIST: magic. I know there is a magic damage type that applies to weapons, but as far as I know there is no way to implement the Oath of the Ancients aura that give you damage resistance vs spells and magical effects. Since there is now a magic tick for spells, I think this can be implemented... I just don't know whether it has, or how to code the effect on the tracker if it has.

Oh, sorry. I misread what the aura does. No there isn't anything like RESIST: magic. I think the only way to do that would be to click the half button for characters who are about to take magic damage just before the roll.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I am being stumped as to why Magic Resistance is not being recognized in defense of a monster.
    The effect 'Magic Resistance' is in the stat block, and shows in the effects in the CT.

Thunderwave, Fireball and Lightning Bolt spells still cause a regular save, though, weirdly,
    a save from a 'Light' cantrip is rolled with Advantage.

Am I not seeing something?

Thread Information