5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Im confused as to how i correctly implement aura of protection in the effects tab. I cant seem to get it to work. Any help would be most helpful

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Benza88 View Post
    Im confused as to how i correctly implement aura of protection in the effects tab. I cant seem to get it to work. Any help would be most helpful
    Welcome!

Can you post a screen shot of the ability from your actions tab?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    If you want it to automatically work if someone is in range, there is no current way to do that in Fantasy Grounds. The best you can do is make an effect to apply to the targets that the aura applies to.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Im unsure how to correctly add the effect so that i can apply it to other people that are within range. I'm fine with having to turn the effect on and off on those within range but confused as to how i create it. I've tried a few times and it did'nt work so i just deleted them. Is there a quick reference guide to what words set up what effects and how to use them so i can just mess with them and try to build it?

Blog Entries
    Im unsure how to correctly add the effect so that i can apply it to other people that are within range. I'm fine with having to turn the effect on and off on those within range but confused as to how i create it. I've tried a few times and it did'nt work so i just deleted them. Is there a quick reference guide to what words set up what effects and how to use them so i can just mess with them and try to build it?
    I think this is how I would create it. You could change the duration (remove it) and then maybe change the Expand to next roll. All depends on how you want to use it.
    Screen Shot 04-30-20 at 03.30 PM.PNG

EDIT: Oh, and I usually use the FGC wiki since I am most familiar. The same info should be int eh FGU wiki too. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Some videos for you which covers how to set up effects https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the help! I'm new to this stuff but im really liking FG so far!

I have Sacred Weapon set up as a paladin feature in the actions tab but what is the proper syntax to make melee weapon damage magic? Would "DMGTYPE: melee, magic" work?

You'd want the following effect: ATK: [CHA]; DMGTYPE: magic

There's no mention of this being limited to melee weapons so there's no need to limit it in that way.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It would be really helpful if you had a link to all the other classes as a quote or something.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information