STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Effects - The Complete Barbarian Package

First in a possible series of 'mini tutorials' if you like about the effects that can (or need) to be set up to handle the features of each class. Attached to this post is an XML file for a 20th level Barbarian with all of the possible effects set up on it which can be imported into Fantasy Grounds. To fully utilise this file (ie to see the text of the links) you'll need access to the Player's Handbook or Core Class Pack.
    Below are some notes that go with the file explaining some of the finer points and how to use the effects in some cases. If you like this idea then I will do more so let me know what you think. Also, it goes without saying if I have missed something, or you think there's a better way of doing something, or there's an error somewhere then do let me know so I can correct it.

Brutal Critical – Add extra weapon dice into the weapon Meta Data by clicking on the magnifying glass and adding in the extra dice. You can also create an effect as shown (remember to adjust to the correct dice).
    Danger Sense – The save is only activated in specific circumstances so should not be applied all the time but just before the need for such a save.
    Fast Movement – Adjust speed; no possible effect
    Extra Attack – No possible effect
    Indomitable Might – No possible effect
    Primal Champion – No effect necessary just add to STR and CON directly
    Rage – Note to adjust for number of rages per day (select preparation mode and edit the number per day) and also the damage for level.
    Persistent Rage – No effect possible
    Reckless Attack – Note only available if using STR based melee; so not useable if your Barbarian uses DEX based weaponry. No way to create an effect to detect what ability a weapon attack is using.
    Relentless Rage – No effect to automate this feature so the effect created is there simply as a reminder.
    Unarmored Defense – No effect necessary, adjusted for in AC
    Battlerager Archetype (From Sword Coast Adventure Guide)
    Battlerager Armor – No effect necessary, deal with this in weapons
    Reckless Abandon – Drag and Drop the effect should set this one up correctly
    Battlerager Charge – No effect needed or possible
    Spiked Retribution – No effects needed; deal with as weapon
    Berserker Archetype
    Frenzy – No effect needed
    Mindless Rage – As shown can be combined with Rage.
    Retaliation – No effect possible
    Intimidating Presence – Can be dragged/dropped to set effect. Note to adjust the ability used in the save to CHA and to set the duration to one round. Note also that the duration is until end of your round. DM should adjust the ‘Initiative to adjust on’ in the CT to a figure just after your initiative count. (eg your initiative is 15 change to 14.9)
    Totem Warrior Archetype
    Spirit Seeker – No additional effects needed
    Totem Spirit – Bear and Eagle can be combined with Rage as shown. For Wolf retain the normal rage and add the attack advantage effect to place on nearby allies. For Elk and Tiger – no effects possible or necessary
    Aspect of the Beast – Mostly effects can’t be created to handle automation and those that can are so situational the benefits can be handled more easily manually.
    Spirit Walker – No effects necessary
    Totemic Attunement : Bear - In order to apply this effect to allow automation the Barbarian should target all appropriate allies and place the effect on them. The DM then needs to SHIFT-drag the effect (using the small targeting reticule on the CT next to the effect) from each ally onto each possible enemy. This will give all enemies disadvantage to attack against everyone except the Barbarian.
    Totemic Attunement: Others - For the other beast types in this feature no effects are necessary.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; December 17th, 2015 at 17:54.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This is awesome! I hope you decide to post for all the classes.

That's a really good idea, thanks Zacchaeus
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Blog Entries
    Excellent idea. As a DM I admit I am behind the curve on knowing how to set up much of the player stuff in the character sheet. Things like this make for great reference material.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Maybe the forum gods -- minions of Pelor -- could put these in a folder and make them sticky.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ffujita View Post
    Maybe the forum gods -- minions of Pelor -- could put these in a folder and make them sticky.
    Zacchaeus is a Mod - he will sticky it in the right spot in due course

Quote Originally Posted by ffujita View Post
    Zacchaeus has done it already: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ul-information
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Probably a stupid question, but how does one import these into Fantasy Grounds? Thanks

Nevermind! found /importchar a minute after posting.

Thanks again for all the shares
    Last edited by maugrim8866; December 27th, 2015 at 06:03.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maugrim8866 View Post
    Probably a stupid question, but how does one import these into Fantasy Grounds? Thanks

sometimes you just have to put the question out there to find the answer...

Quote Originally Posted by maugrim8866 View Post

You can also open up the PC dialog (the big button marked PC at the top right hand side) and then click on the 'Edit List' button at the bottom of this window and the click on the little blue arrow that appears.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information