FG Spreadshirt Swag

Character Creation Question

Apologies if this is an easy fix, I imagine it is but I am unsure of the procedure. When I go to run character converter for a character created with the DDI character generator I get this error:

Node Read Error. <Name:RulesElement; Path:specific[@name='Short Description']; Info:Brawler Style>

I imagine something wasn't parsed correctly, I have just started using Fantasy Grounds so am learning the ropes. I suspect I'll need to modify data somewhere, if someone could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Can you attach to this thread a screenshot of the character converter when you get the error?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah so for whatever reason that image isn't the right way up... Attachment 12238 And I could of edited it it seems, oh well, newbie mistake!

Blog Entries
    [alt]+[prt sc] will capture the foreground window to the buffer and you can paste that into paint or any other graphics program and then save as jpg/png which will be easier to share next time

That looks OK. Can you post your dnd4e file here (you'll need to ZIP it to be able to post as an attachment) so we can have a better look.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the screen capture advice, I'm used to using Grab on my Mac and had no idea how to do it in a PC world.... I've attached a zip of the dnd4e file here. I didn't use house rules or anything, in fact I was just trying to get it as close to the pre gen character that my mate was already playing...

Blog Entries
    In Windows there is a tool called the Snipping Tool (click on windows key and start typing Snipping and it will reveal itself) that works similar to Grab.

Quote Originally Posted by DK1138 View Post
    I've attached a zip of the dnd4e file here. I didn't use house rules or anything, in fact I was just trying to get it as close to the pre gen character that my mate was already playing...
    The main issue is that you have "Use modules from the module manager to lookup data" and I'm guessing you don't have any 4E reference modules selected in the module manager?

Unselect that options and try converting again. You'll get an error regarding the "Brawler Style" class power/s, but it will still convert and import OK into Fantasy Grounds:

I thought I had enabled the module (see the attached pic), this is the parsed data from DDI I got. But if it doesn't ultimately matter, I will simply uncheck that box. I don't know how good the parse is as I haven't gone into it deeply or run a game, set up a campaign etc yet. Thanks for your help, it is very much apppreciated! Attachment 12258

Thread Information