DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Setting up "Powers"on the Attacks tab

Hi all;

I was tinkering around with the Witch Hunter/Blood Hunter homebrew by Matt Mercer that has been arranged into a mod for FG and shared here, and there are a few things I ran into that i'm having difficulty figuring out how to set up when it comes to Powers on the Attacks Tab of the character sheet.

The module is properly adding the listed features and abilities on the Features/feats tab when "leveling up", but the attacks and powers have to be set up manually. I'm not sure if this is done automatically for the 12 baseline classes for 5E or not as I haven't yet purchased the material for FG. I played in a one-off game on saturday with a pregen character (Battlemaster Fighter), and at least one power I've noticed for the Blood Hunter should be set up similarly to the Maneuvers from the battlemaster (# of uses before rest, applied effects etc). Anyways, I'm mainly having difficulty figuring out how to set up the effects of a given power properly. I did try going to the guide but in addition it it appearing to be describing 4E rather than 5E (update required?) there are a number of broken image links in place of what I assume were supposed to be screenshots to go along with the extremely concise instructions.

Can anyone explain how these are supposed to be set up? if it's easier I can sign into the TS server for a brief walkthrough.

Thanks

Hi Couvs,

I think perhaps you might have been viewing the wrong article on the Wiki. You'll find a complete walkthrough of setting up a character here for 5e. You will also find the characters (including the one you played with) form the Incomplete Breakfast (which I think you are referring to) here.

You are correct in that most of the character's powers will have to be set up manually. As you'll see from the article spells and some powers will automate when dragged to the actions tab but most do not. If you have a read of the wiki on how to set up a power group (the example is for a monk but it's the same basic principle for the fighter) you should see how to set it all up. If you still have questions though do let us know and we'll try to help.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

ah sweet, thanks for the redirect, Zacchaeus. Yeah the guide I had found was not on the wiki but on the main FG site somewhere I think. I'll have a look at that wiki page though and try it again.

Thread Information