DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: A prime example

A prime example

Lately I have been working on parsing some star wars for 5e info and while I was doing classes I ran into some troubles that were hard to explain and this community came to the rescue. Xorn and Zacchaeus stepped in and took time out of their day to look over what I had and to test and suss out the problems. In the end for one of them it was solely my fault and their second set of eyes got it. On the other Zac found the problem and it was no error, it was simply an odd issue with the Parser. Issues aside this is another shining example of why this community shines and continues to be a place that is open and welcoming, people helping people all enjoy the same hobby. Remember when it comes to issues with the program or any of the pieces that go together to make it work, if you're having issues, make sure to ask for help. People here are always willing to step up and help if they can.

PS Id be remiss to not add a big thank you to Dulux and all the others who put together free extensions for our rulesets free of charge and out of their own unpaid time.

I can't even begin to express my appreciation of this community. Without them, my FG experience would be greatly diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by ffujita View Post
    I can't even begin to express my appreciation of this community. Without them, my FG experience would be greatly diminished.
    Ditto. I belong to another community that has a very similar outlook toward going out of their way to help one another. I so appreciate finding the same spirit of cooperation and desire for mutual success here.

I kind of want to see the Star Wars stuff because I will totally be doing that at some point. I got some nice help getting the Parser to work so yes this is a great community.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
    I kind of want to see the Star Wars stuff ...
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iny-v2-ruleset
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloes Edge of the Empire ruleset is amazing for Edge of the Empire and Im using it currently for a group as well. Amazing stuff. There are some technical hangups currently in the 5e attempt at the star wars stuff, but its coming along. As Zac and Xorn will attest sometimes Parse is amazingly picky on what it will be willing to do for you on any given day.

If you are just wanting some good star wars gaming then give Trenloes ruleset a go, its amazing and once you get an understanding of the narrative dice mechanic the system is actually really good. There is a WEG D6 ruleset which I would have loved to use but its not set for the latest version of fantasy grounds so things dont quite sit right on the screen or work properly, such as the modifier box covering most of the chat box which is no good for someone like me who has dyslexia and cant spell words to save my life without a few proof reads. I believe there is a saga ruleset as well, but obviously no parsed data for either of them.

Yeah, the FG folks are really top notch in terms of engagement with the community. I have frankly never seen anything like it. I had a problem with getting my players connected to me when I started DMing and posted here and Damian(?) responded in like 5 minutes, hooked me up with a screen-sharing session and spent an hour or so trying to fix it for me. He ultimately didn't fix it, but he pointed me in the right direction (it turned out to be a problem with my router).

This is the type of app that lives and dies on community and it's really encouraging to see that the FG really understand that. I bought an ultimate license and a ton of books and content and it's all money well spent as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by SheckyS View Post
    This is the type of app that lives and dies on community and it's really encouraging to see that the FG really understand that. I bought an ultimate license and a ton of books and content and it's all money well spent as far as I'm concerned.
    Couldn't have said that better myself.

And the remarkable part, Damned does that all on his own initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    And the remarkable part, Damned does that all on his own initiative.
    Oooh...was that meant to be a pun?

Thread Information