5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 13 of 39 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last
    I've attacched the XML files I use in my ruleset, I've already tested them.
    I've also added the files I need to translate, as stated in the previous post.

For the 5e ruleset, I've added:

• roll_attack_crit.png
    • roll_attack_hit.png
    • roll_attack_miss.png

For the 3.5e ruleset, I've added:

• button_skillcr.png
    • button_skillcr_down.png
    • button_skillkn.png
    • button_skillkn_down.png
    • button_skillpe.png
    • button_skillpe_down.png
    • button_skillpr.png
    • button_skillpr_down.png
    • roll_attack_crit.png
    • roll_attack_hit.png
    • roll_attack_miss.png

Hope this help.

I updated the Geman LPak extensions for FG 3.2.1, see Post #17.

I tried to follow the "LPak Framework Document" instructions as exactly as possible, and found some points i have problems to understand:

Maybe somebody could help me and answer that questions ?

Chapter: Creating A New LPak

7 b)
    i. If you are creating an LPak for use with the CoreRPG change this tag's value to 90

Q: Also for CoreRPG itself ?

7 d) If you are creating an LPak for use with the CoreRPG, remove lines 19-21.

Q: Is it not the reverse case, ".. LPak nor for use the CorRPG .." ?

(I did not delete the "dependencies" tag in 3.5E LPak and everything seams to be working fine for me)

7 l) Look through the “extension.xml” file and remove all the “ruleset” tags (and any “child” tags) that do not have your chosen Ruleset as the “name” tag value.
    i. If your Ruleset is a Child-Ruleset remember to leave behind the “ruleset” tags of any “parent” Rulesets. This will almost always mean that you won't delete the CoreRPG ruleset tag.

Q: Maybe i did something wrong, but for the CoreRGP LPak i had to leave all ruleset tags after CoreRPG,
    otherwise i could not select this LPak extension for the child rulesets like 3.5E.
    On the other side i deleted the ruleset tag for CoreRPG in the 3.5 LPak, and it works ... (i have to select the CoreRPG LPak extension and the 3.5 LPak extension)

I'll try to answer here:

Quote Originally Posted by drvolk View Post
    7 b)
    i. If you are creating an LPak for use with the CoreRPG change this tag's value to 90

Q: Also for CoreRPG itself ?
    I think the sentence refers to the LPak (extension) that you create to use with (or to translate) the CoreRPG, only this one.
    So the answer is YES.

You leave to 100 the value for all the other rulesets, for example the 3.5E and the 5E LPak extensions.
    (I got this one wrong in the previous releases, by changing to 110 the value for the other rulesets. )

You must change the value to 110 only when you create an LPack to translate an extension, for example DOE: Weather.

7 d) If you are creating an LPak for use with the CoreRPG, remove lines 19-21.

Q: Is it not the reverse case, ".. LPak nor for use the CorRPG .." ?

(I did not delete the "dependencies" tag in 3.5E LPak and everything seams to be working fine for me)
    As for the previous one, this refers to the LPak extension that you are creating for the CoreRPG.

7 l) Look through the “extension.xml” file and remove all the “ruleset” tags (and any “child” tags) that do not have your chosen Ruleset as the “name” tag value.
    i. If your Ruleset is a Child-Ruleset remember to leave behind the “ruleset” tags of any “parent” Rulesets. This will almost always mean that you won't delete the CoreRPG ruleset tag.

Q: Maybe i did something wrong, but for the CoreRGP LPak i had to leave all ruleset tags after CoreRPG,
    otherwise i could not select this LPak extension for the child rulesets like 3.5E.
    On the other side i deleted the ruleset tag for CoreRPG in the 3.5 LPak, and it works ... (i have to select the CoreRPG LPak extension and the 3.5 LPak extension)
    For each LPak that you create to translate a ruleset, you must leave only the entry for that specific ruleset. The exceptions are listed in the Notes.txt file of the ruleset.
    For example, in the 3.5E ruleset you leave the dependency tag and the 3.5E entry tag because you must, and the PFRPG entry tag because is stated in Notes.txt

Hope I was clear (and that I said the right things).

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Seriously, what are you talking about? I just grabbed the CoreRPG Resource Archive off of this Thread and all the graphics you said aren't there are. True, the old graphics are still there (& you're right, they need to come out - an oversight on my part (probably due to all the other things people want from me all the time)) - but WTF?
    dulux-oz, I think you are wrong when you say that you are wrong.

Yes, the files drvolk is talking about are the ones in the LPakFramework.zip. Maybe you didn't update them. Well... is understandable: this project is big.

But the point is this one: in my opinion we shouldn't delete the old files from the packages, if they are still used in old versions of FantasyGrounds, and these old versions of FG are still compatible with the current LPak Extensions.
    For example, the title_*.png files are indeed not used in FG 3.2, but still needed for FG 3.1.x. And from what I see in the minrelease tags in the extension.xml file, LPak 3.0 is still compatible with FG 3.1.2.

So, if these files doesn't cause any runtime error in FG 3.2, is better if we leave them.

If you also think this way, I'll revert the changes in my CoreRPG package before I release it.

Argh... this is dependency hell... like in windows dlls...

OK, short answer is I need to shelve this (and other FG-stuff) for a week, and then I can get back to it and give it my full attention. Sorry, but you'll all just have to bear with me - I can't avoid it.

Long answer: let me think about it, because everyone should be going to the latest versions of FG when they are released so the dependency-hell should be kept to a minimum - but we need to consider it in detail.

Yes, the answer given by gandalf are correct - I'll put in some explanation "stuff" into the Framework to make things easier to understand - again, give me a week or so.

No, nobody insulted/upset me

Yes, everything is alright

Yes, I really do appreciate everyone participation in the Project
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thanks for clarification!

For each LPak that you create to translate a ruleset, you must leave only the entry for that specific ruleset. The exceptions are listed in the Notes.txt file of the ruleset.
    For example, in the 3.5E ruleset you leave the dependency tag and the 3.5E entry tag because you must, and the PFRPG entry tag because is stated in Notes.txt
    I agree with you, tihs is the way it should work. But for me it lookes like that the "dependency" tag not works as excpected. Maybe i did something wrong, but with LPak 3.5 it did not work. Whether the "depending" CoreRPG LPak was automaticly loaded nor the selected 3.5 LPak was loaded.
    Only when i included the 3.5E ruleset tag within the CoreRPG LPak and selecting both the CoreRPG LPak and the 3.5 LPak extension everthing works fine ...

hi,

i did update the German LPaks for CoreRPG and 3.5E/PFRPG to FG3.2.1+. I also added new German LPaks for FG3.2.1+ for 4E, 5E and Numenera (see post #17).

I did also update the German LPaks for the extensions DOEBase, DOELocations, DOEOrginisations and DOEWeather for FG3.2.1+. I add DOESound for FG3.2.1+ (see post #26).

I did update the German LPak for Fate Core to FG3.2.1+ (see post #59).

Because it lookes like i can not upload more than 5 files within one post, i add the German LPak for DOEOLE for FG3.2.1+ within this post.

@dulux-oz
    could you please update the states in you correspondit state matrix post for all the LPaks?

Thanks drvolk - yes, the forums only allow a maximum of 5 attachments per post - that's why the Resource Paks are spread across several posts

So, what changes to the Framework do people want/think are required?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Thanks drvolk - yes, the forums only allow a maximum of 5 attachments per post - that's why the Resource Paks are spread across several posts

So, what changes to the Framework do people want/think are required?
    Would be great if you could add the resources into the xLPakGraphic[Rulesets].xml as mentioned by gandalfmagic in post 121.

-----------------------------------

In "LPakFramework.zip":

All "XMLFiles/xLPakGraphics[Ruleset].xml" should be reviewed if the references to the graphics files were realy upated to the FG 3.2.1 version.

e.g. for "XMLFiles/xLPakGraphics35E.xml" seams to be still for version FG 3.1.7:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <!--
    LanguagePak Framework © Copyright Peregrine I.T. Pty Ltd 2005-2016 except where explicitly stated otherwise.
    Fantasy Grounds is Copyright © 2004-2016 SmiteWorks USA LLC.
    Copyright to other material within this Manuscript may be held by other Individuals and/or Entities.
    Nothing in or from this XML File in printed, electronic and/or any other form may be used, copied,
    transmitted or otherwise manipulated in ANY way without the explicit written consent of
    Peregrine I.T. Pty Ltd or, where applicable, any and all other Copyright holders.
    Please see the accompanying License for full details.
    All rights reserved.
    -->
    <root>
    <icon name="all" file="graphics/icon_all.png" />
    <icon name="button_fullsheet" file="graphics/button_fullsheet.png" />
    <icon name="button_fullsheet_down" file="graphics/button_fullsheet_down.png" />
    <icon name="button_minisheet" file="graphics/button_minisheet.png" />
    <icon name="button_minisheet_down" file="graphics/button_minisheet_down.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_action" file="graphics/button_toggle_action.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_all" file="graphics/button_toggle_all.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_off" file="graphics/button_toggle_off.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_on" file="graphics/button_toggle_on.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_roll" file="graphics/button_toggle_roll.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_self" file="graphics/button_toggle_self.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_single" file="graphics/button_toggle_single.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_trgt" file="graphics/button_toggle_trgt.png" />
    <icon name="one" file="graphics/icon_one.png" />
    </root>

should be:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <!--
    LanguagePak Framework © Copyright Peregrine I.T. Pty Ltd 2005-2016 except where explicitly stated otherwise.
    Fantasy Grounds is Copyright © 2004-2016 SmiteWorks USA LLC.
    Copyright to other material within this Manuscript may be held by other Individuals and/or Entities.
    Nothing in or from this XML File in printed, electronic and/or any other form may be used, copied,
    transmitted or otherwise manipulated in ANY way without the explicit written consent of
    Peregrine I.T. Pty Ltd or, where applicable, any and all other Copyright holders.
    Please see the accompanying License for full details.
    All rights reserved.
    -->
    <root>
    <icon name="all" file="graphics/icon_all.png" />
    <icon name="button_fullsheet" file="graphics/button_fullsheet.png" />
    <icon name="button_fullsheet_down" file="graphics/button_fullsheet_down.png" />
    <icon name="button_minisheet" file="graphics/button_minisheet.png" />
    <icon name="button_minisheet_down" file="graphics/button_minisheet_down.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_action" file="graphics/button_toggle_action.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_all" file="graphics/button_toggle_all.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_off" file="graphics/button_toggle_off.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_on" file="graphics/button_toggle_on.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_roll" file="graphics/button_toggle_roll.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_self" file="graphics/button_toggle_self.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_single" file="graphics/button_toggle_single.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_trgt" file="graphics/button_toggle_trgt.png" />
    <icon name="one" file="graphics/icon_one.png" />
    <icon name="button_toggle_skip" file="graphics/button_toggle_skip.png" />
    <icon name="button_races" file="graphics/button_races.png" />
    <icon name="button_races_down" file="graphics/button_races_down.png" />
    <icon name="button_classes" file="graphics/button_classes.png" />
    <icon name="button_classes_down" file="graphics/button_classes_down.png" />
    <icon name="button_skills" file="graphics/button_skills.png" />
    <icon name="button_skills_down" file="graphics/button_skills_down.png" />
    <icon name="button_feats" file="graphics/button_feats.png" />
    <icon name="button_feats_down" file="graphics/button_feats_down.png" />
    <icon name="button_spells" file="graphics/button_spells.png" />
    <icon name="button_spells_down" file="graphics/button_spells_down.png" />

</root>

------------------

CoreRPG LPak :

I am not sure, if i missed something, i will check it, but currently in my opinion you have to do:

All "ruleset" tags for all the CoreRPG child rulesets must stay in the extension.xml file of the "LPak-[Language]-CoreRPG". The "dependency" tag in the child LPaks works not as expected.

The "depend" LPak will not be loaded automaticly when you load the Child LPak extension. You have to select the "LPak-[Language]-CoreRPG" manually also and this is only possible if the "child" ruleset tag is set in the "LPak-[Language]-CoreRPG" extension.

Thread Information