STAR TREK 2d20
Page 12 of 39 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Hi everybody - well, I'm assuming all the Project Members are still paying attention to this thread

Just a heads-up for everybody - with the impending release of FGv3.2 there is almost certainly going to need to be some update work done on our translations as there are new strings in FG (and therefore in the DOEs as well), so if people could keep an eye out and put their hands up to do this basic maintenance/upgrade work, that would be fantastic.

Cheers
    noticed

By the way, are there any plans for "Phase 3" ? I thought about it, especially for the PFRPG ruleset and came to the conclusion that would be more result in a modified ruleset than it could be handled by an extension (a lot of script changes are necessary e.g. to make all the ruleset automatitations localizeable ...).

So maybe it would make more sense to find out all the places which has to be changed and ask the developers to take care for that in one of their next releases, so a Phase2 LPak would be enough to localize everything ?

I don't know - it'll certainly take some investigation (and FGv3.2 changes a few things anyway so that less images are used) but I still think its doable in an Extension - but we'll have to see
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

I did not follow the rules and made some changes, but I did the translation of CoreRPG and Cthulhu's Call to Brazilian Portuguese and in CoreRPG I changed the calendar to be 24 hours and if I ask to show the date in the chat it appears a Calendar icon and if I ask to display the time a clock icon will appear instead of the GM icon.

German LPaks for CoreRPG and 3.5E rulesets were updated to FG 3.2.0 version, look at post #17.

Hi Everyone,

First of all I'd like to thank all of you who have been/are a member of the Project/Program - I, as well as everyone who has used an LPak, really appreciate all your hard work!

With the release of FGv3.2 (and now FGv3.2.1) all of the existing LPaks now need updating, so they have all been marked as "Not Current". They should all still work, but they will not be complete. So we need people to pitch in and update the existing LPaks and, of course, develop new ones for the Rulesets, Extensions and Languages we haven't cover yet. As such, the Project/Program Framework and Documentation have been updated, and all of the Resource Archives have also been updated as well.

We want and welcome your involvement and participation in the Project/Program, and to help both you and us in this I strongly suggest you take the time to read the updated Framework Documentation available on Post #2. You'll save yourselves a lot of heartache and extra work if you do and if you follow the process contained within it. As an example, (and I don't really mind doing this) I have fielded almost a dozen questions in the last fortnight and all of the answers were available in the Framework Documentation - so PLEASE read it (even if you're an old-hand at LPaks) to make sure you understand how to participate in the Project/Program effectively - its no use "doing your own thing" because then we can't really include your work because its not maintainable in the same way that a properly constructed LPak is, which is a great shame and a lose we'd rather not have to endure.

So come and join us! Read the Framework Documentation (its only a few pages long) to learn how to be an effective Project Contributor and to see what's changed from previous versions, ask some questions if you don't understand something or need some clarification, and help contribute to the great product that is Fantasy Grounds.

Matthew James BLACK
    Project/Program Manager

aka
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Hi dulux-oz,
    I'm beginning to translate the new LPak.

In the 3.5E Ruleset, I've found some other graphic resource to translate:

• button_skillcr.png
    • button_skillcr_down.png
    • button_skillkn.png
    • button_skillkn_down.png
    • button_skillpe.png
    • button_skillpe_down.png
    • button_skillpr.png
    • button_skillpr_down.png
    • roll_attack_crit.png
    • roll_attack_hit.png
    • roll_attack_miss.png

Can you add these too into the file?

Thank you

Hi gandalf,

If you like - I made the assumption that because these weren't full words (only letter indicators / initals) that they wouldn't need translating, but if I was wrong so be it

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

I think it should be up to the translator if he want to translate "letter indicators" or not, so i also would like to have included the graphic resources as mentioned by gandalfmagic.

I also noticed that the LPak Framework file for the CoreRPG graphic resources is not complete. Following new graphics, which came with FG 3.2.0, are missing:

<icon name="button_tables" file="graphics/button_tables.png" />
    <icon name="button_tables_down" file="graphics/button_tables_down.png" />
    <icon name="button_quests" file="graphics/button_quests.png" />
    <icon name="button_quests_down" file="graphics/button_quests_down.png" />

On the other side following graphic resources are not used anymore with FG 3.2.0 and could be deleted:

<icon name="title_encounters" file="graphics/title_encounters.png" />
    <icon name="title_images" file="graphics/title_images.png" />
    <icon name="title_items" file="graphics/title_items.png" />
    <icon name="title_notes" file="graphics/title_notes.png" />
    <icon name="title_npcs" file="graphics/title_npcs.png" />
    <icon name="title_parcels" file="graphics/title_parcels.png" />
    <icon name="title_quests" file="graphics/title_quests.png" />
    <icon name="title_story" file="graphics/title_story.png" />

Quote Originally Posted by drvolk View Post
    I think it should be up to the translator if he want to translate "letter indicators" or not, so i also would like to have included the graphic resources as mentioned by gandalfmagic.

I also noticed that the LPak Framework file for the CoreRPG graphic resources is not complete. Following new graphics, which came with FG 3.2.0, are missing:

<icon name="button_tables" file="graphics/button_tables.png" />
    <icon name="button_tables_down" file="graphics/button_tables_down.png" />
    <icon name="button_quests" file="graphics/button_quests.png" />
    <icon name="button_quests_down" file="graphics/button_quests_down.png" />

On the other side following graphic resources are not used anymore with FG 3.2.0 and could be deleted:

<icon name="title_encounters" file="graphics/title_encounters.png" />
    <icon name="title_images" file="graphics/title_images.png" />
    <icon name="title_items" file="graphics/title_items.png" />
    <icon name="title_notes" file="graphics/title_notes.png" />
    <icon name="title_npcs" file="graphics/title_npcs.png" />
    <icon name="title_parcels" file="graphics/title_parcels.png" />
    <icon name="title_quests" file="graphics/title_quests.png" />
    <icon name="title_story" file="graphics/title_story.png" />
    Seriously, what are you talking about? I just grabbed the CoreRPG Resource Archive off of this Thread and all the graphics you said aren't there are. True, the old graphics are still there (& you're right, they need to come out - an oversight on my part (probably due to all the other things people want from me all the time)) - but WTF?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

I am talking about: LPakFramwork.zip (Post #2, Last edited by dulux-oz; November 21st, 2016 at 10:10. ):

:./XMLFiles/xLPakGraphicsCoreRPG.xml

Did i look onto the wrong place ?

I hope i did not anger you with me comments ...

Thread Information