5E Character Create Playlist
Page 11 of 39 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    I am a player from China. I am thinking of the possibility of translating it into Chinese, but when I see the first line of that string file, I see it is encoded with iso-8859-1. I don't think that encoding is compatible with Chinese. I tried to change it into UTF-8, but it doesn't work. Does anybody know how to use some of available encoding method like unicode or UTF-8 in FG for the translating purpose? I have a guess that it might be the overall decoder design of software is using iso-8859-1, which does not support Chinese, I cannot find out a way to translate it by using the way European language do. Anybody have any thoughts or hints?
    Last edited by Shiradan; March 29th, 2016 at 20:01.

Fantasy Grounds doesn't support UTF-8. There is no way in the current version to use UTF-8, sorry. Hopefully in the Unity re-write, but this is a way off.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The "name" of that string resource is just misnamed, it's not being used for anything other than as the description for the type of attack being made with the number_charattacktotal template. (The only two fields this is used for is Melee Attack (char_tooltip_atkmelee) and Ranged Attack (char_tooltip_atkranged). There's no rush to rename these to avoid breaking any existing translations.

Since it's not being used anywhere else, I would recommend just translating those without making any changes to the code.

Regards,
    JPG
    Hi JPG,

i do not understand you recommendation:
    Should we rename the "name" of that string resource (which would also be a change of the code) ?

If "yes", in my opinion that would not help because the evaluation of the roll when clicking the button will still using the value of the translated text in that textresources, which causes the problem.

If "no", could you tell us please what should be translated exactly without changing the code to fix that issue ?

UPDATE:

I think i got you:
    Just do not translate the texts for the text resources "char_tooltip_atkmelee" and "char_tooltip_atkranged" and let then as they are will fix that issue.
    Because these texts are only used as "descriptions" for those both templates and are not shown anywhere as tooltips or other texts on the desktop.

It would be good to change the discussed behavier in one of the future releases for that ruleset as a small (cosmetic) fix ?
    I would recommend to remove those needless textresources ("char_tooltip_atkmelee" and "char_tooltip_atkranged" ) and replace the "<textres>" tag in that templates e.g by "attacktype" and use "local sText = attacktype[1]" in the roll function.
    Last edited by drvolk; April 3rd, 2016 at 09:29. Reason: UPDATE

Hi,

I can see a non desired behavior if I load DOE Base Extension using Savage Worlds Ruleset (No other extensions being loaded). Take a look to the snapshot.

BTW, I'm working on the Savage Worlds Spanish translation

Best regards,

Gon

Attachment 14071

Quote Originally Posted by g0ntzal View Post
    Hi,

I can see a non desired behavior if I load DOE Base Extension using Savage Worlds Ruleset (No other extensions being loaded). Take a look to the snapshot.

BTW, I'm working on the Savage Worlds Spanish translation

Best regards,

Gon

Attachment 14071
    OK, a couple of things - this Thread is for the LPak Project. Other subjects have their own Threads, so let's try and keep discussions in their relative threads so that people can find information without having to jump all over the place and also so that a given thread doesn't jump all over the place with unrelated "stuff"- thanks

Second, I can't see anything wrong with the screenshot - could you be more specific. Please reply in the appropriate Thread - thanks

Third, excellent work on the SW translation

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Hi, i am a chinese and i would like to get involved, however Fantasy Grounds doesnt seem to support Chinese characters.

Hi fqdl,

First, welcome to the FG Community and Welcome to the LPak Project/Program!

No, at the moment FG doesn't support Chinese characters - but when the re-write of FG to the new Unity Engine is complete we're expecting that all sorts of non-English character setrs will be supported. The boys at SW are working on the re-write as we speak, but while they are making good progress they haven't given us a delivery date yet.

So I don't know what to suggest - except stay involved with the Project and FG in general and once the re-write is complete help us out then.

If you have another suggestion or any questions, etc, then, please, post them here and we'll see what we can do

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Anyone to translate to Brazilian Portuguese?

Nope - go for you life - and welcome to the Project
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Hi everybody - well, I'm assuming all the Project Members are still paying attention to this thread

Just a heads-up for everybody - with the impending release of FGv3.2 there is almost certainly going to need to be some update work done on our translations as there are new strings in FG (and therefore in the DOEs as well), so if people could keep an eye out and put their hands up to do this basic maintenance/upgrade work, that would be fantastic.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10