5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Release v3.1.5

Release v3.1.5

Fantasy Grounds v3.1.5 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

Here's a list of what is included:
    • [5E] DMG release.
    • [5E] Item forge added to allow magic item templates to be combined or applied to basic items.
    • ...many other bug fixes and data patches...

It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here.

Cheers,
    JPG

Excellent work. Thank you guys for all you do. Is there a tutorial on using magic templates? Armor +1 makes a lot of sense. What would a potion of climbing template be used for? How would you envision using the spell scroll level 3 template? Thanks
    Last edited by brustmlj; December 8th, 2015 at 06:24.

Quote Originally Posted by brustmlj View Post
    Excellent work. Thank you guys for all you do. Is there a tutorial on using magic templates? Armor +1 makes a lot of sense. What would a potion of climbing template be used for? How would you envision using the spell scroll level 3 template? Thanks
    I updated the wiki guide yestersay to include usage of The Forge here.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Although not listed in the change log, the issue at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...cks-in-C-amp-C has been fixed. Thanks.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I updated the wiki guide yestersay to include usage of The Forge here.
    Ok yes that is a good start. I still have a question on scrolls. I dropped a 3rd level spell scroll template into the forge and tried to drop the fireball spell in the forge. The spell ended up dropping on the template side. And the forge was not able to create the scroll.

What is the process for creating scrolls?

Thanks,
    Mike

You'll find the scroll of fireball in the magic items list in the DMG.

You can combine scrolls by dropping two or more scroll templates into the 'templates' side of the Forge and clicking Forge Magic Item. Since there's no mundane item called scroll in the equipment list there isn't a way to create a new fireball scroll for example. You can also 'Add' a template to a scroll by dragging a scroll from the magic item list into the left hand side and then a template into the right hand side.

Since all of the spell scrolls are already in the DMG there doesn't seem to be a need to be able to create them again.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by brustmlj View Post
    What is the process for creating scrolls?
    Under Magic Items there seems to be a Scroll for every spell already made.

I was able to combine a Scroll from Adventuring Gear with a Spell Level 9 Magic Item Template to create a Spell Scroll (9th level) then combine that newly created item with a Scroll of Fireball Magic Item Template to make a 9th level Fireball scroll, which shows the proper (i guess?) DC 19 but doesn't appear to have any way of automatically rolling the 13d6 damage for the spell effect.

Quote Originally Posted by kylania View Post
    Under Magic Items there seems to be a Scroll for every spell already made.

I was able to combine a Scroll from Adventuring Gear with a Spell Level 9 Magic Item Template to create a Spell Scroll (9th level) then combine that newly created item with a Scroll of Fireball Magic Item Template to make a 9th level Fireball scroll, which shows the proper (i guess?) DC 19 but doesn't appear to have any way of automatically rolling the 13d6 damage for the spell effect.
    This may be because there is nothing anywhere that I can find which suggests that you can create a spell scroll at any level other than the base level of the spell. So on that basis you can't create a 9th level scroll of Fireball, only a 3rd level one.

The official word from Jeremy Crawford is "The spell on a spell scroll is at the spell's lowest level, unless a particular scroll says otherwise." So while there exists a possibility of higher level spell scrolls there's no specific rule for it, they are assumed to be base level of spell -- so what's already included.

Ok well I found the scrolls. I previously searched on spell instead of scroll.

Thanks I have a new question, or more observation. Staffs are not populating the actions tab on a character sheet properly. I have looked at the xml dropped onto the sheet and they have all the weapons attributes one would expect. I assume this is because they are of the type staff instead of weapon. It seems to me these should populate the actions tab since they are in fact weapons.

Thread Information