DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

DOE: Organisations Extension

Note: This extension is no longer available
    Overview

The DOE Organisations Extension provides a database for the recording of formal groups of Individuals, such as Guilds (including Thieves and Assassins Guilds), Bard Colleges, Adventuring Companies, Pirate Crews, Military Units, Secret Societies, Spy Rings, Terrorist Groups, Government Departments, Resistance Cells, Humanoid Tribes; in fact any conceivable group and hieracy of groups can be recorded. The Extension will also work with the DOE: Locations Extension and other DOE Extensions.

A screenshot is provided.
    Attachment 12047

Full details are provided in the accompanying Manual (a Module). The Manual can be opened by Fantasy Ground v3+ using any Ruleset, with or without the Extension being loaded.

Version
    • 1.0.0 - Initial Creation
    • 1.3.0 - Added Sound Integration with DOE Sound Extension
    • 1.8.0 - Compatibility Update, Fixed issues with Simple Brown & Simple Gray Themes, add support for StarFinder Ruleset (Graphics still required)
    • 1.8.2 - Compatibility Update
    • 2.0.0 - Current - See Post #90

Manual Version
    • 1.0.0 - Initial Creation
    • 1.8.1 - Current - Compatibility Update

Rulesets
    This Extension works with:
    • CoreRPG Ruleset v3.3.8, CoreRPG Ruleset v3.3.9, and selected Child Rulesets.

Dependencies
    This Extension is dependent on:

Wiki Page & Full Documentation

Rulesets By Dulux-Oz

Other Extensions By Dulux-Oz

Downloading The Extension
    This Extension and its accompanying Documentation can be downloaded from the links at the bottom of this post.

Loading The Extension
    This Extension is loaded exactly like all other Fantasy Grounds Extensions - by first copying the .ext file to the Extensions Folder under the Fantasy Grounds Folder and then re-starting Fantasy Grounds. If the Extension is compatible with the currently installed version of a given Ruleset it will be displayed in the Extensions List for that Ruleset and can be loaded by clicking on the Checkbox next to the Extensions name.

If the Extension has large red 'X' next to its name in the Extension List then the Extension or an Extension that this one is dependent upon is not compatible with the chosen Ruleset. Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest copy of this Extension and any Extensions this one is dependent upon.

When Fantasy Grounds Updates
    After a Fantasy Grounds version update you should verify that all Extensions (not just this one) have been either updated themselves or verified by the Extension author that they work with the new version of Fantasy Grounds. If you have any issues with Fantasy Grounds after an update then it is best to disable all Extensions and then re-enable them one by one until the issue re-appears.

Helping Out
    If you like this Extension and find it useful, you may like to consider showing your support by making a Donation so that this Software and similar Software can continue to be maintained and developed.

Donations can be made via PayPal to:

Thank you

Previous Downloads:
    • DOE: Organisations Extension: 3,074
    • DOE: Organisations Extension Manual: 2,227

Last edited by Zacchaeus; January 26th, 2020 at 19:02.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Hi Everyone,

I just updated the Extension to fix the Deletion Bug that was reported in the Locations Extension Thread (you know, we should really get into the habit of reporting bugs in their correct thread )

Cheers
    Last edited by dulux-oz; December 11th, 2015 at 01:53.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

verified that its fix. works great now.

Hiyo: keep getting the following error when adding a title to a new Org in CnC. I am updated to latest.

Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsMiscFunctions.lua"]:348: attempt to index a nil value
    Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsMiscFunctions.lua"]:348: attempt to index a nil value

So each letter I type appears in the title box, but I need to re-click to add the next letter...slow going. no other bugs yet...and looks awesome. Thanks so much for this new ext.

Quote Originally Posted by taoistpunk View Post
    Hiyo: keep getting the following error when adding a title to a new Org in CnC. I am updated to latest.

So each letter I type appears in the title box, but I need to re-click to add the next letter...slow going. no other bugs yet...and looks awesome. Thanks so much for this new ext.
    OK, this is an example of the same type of on-again-off-again intermittent issue that a couple of other people have raised (in the Locations Extension) which we're having trouble tracking down, so...

Can you give me as much information as you can: other extensions loaded, new or existing campaign, can you grab (again) this extension and the DOE Base Extension and check again - basically, everything you're doing (I know it happens when you change the organisations name/title, so don't include that )

Thanks
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

will load everything up when I get home...I'll be away from my home PC tonight but back tomorrow afternoon.

From memory, I know I have Locations/Organis./and the Base from you..also Color Gizmo and Mood Lighting (there may be more but I'm not home and can't remember). I have several others installed but not activated (Movable dice tower/Languages (since it's built in now)) (again, maybe more...but I'm not home to check). The campaign is existing...has been ongoing for some time.

When I installed the new ver. of the ext.'s I overwrote the old, closed everything down and restarted. Strangely, the Locations ext did not load and threw an error, though I did not bother to write it down. I then closed everything again and did a system restart...and then locations started up fine with all of my previous data avail. When I then went to test Organis., I was thrown the error stated above.

For a more detailed account ya need to wait til I get home...sorry about the delay...I want to help as much as possible. Your extensions have been awesome! We aren't planning on shifting into 5e anytime soon so everything commty members do to add functionality to CORE is really appreciated.

color gizmo causes issues it is now obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbylain View Post
    color gizmo causes issues it is now obsolete.
    Yeah, bob's right - basically its a good idea to complete remove old/obsolete Extensions (move them to an archive directory if you want to keep them for historical purposes) - I'd remove alte colourgizmo, movable dice tower, languages, whatever; that way you don't accidentally load them and so remove the potential issues

@bobbylain: are we sure colourgizmo is the root cause in and of itself, or is this just speculation on our part at the moment?

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

it cant be the cause for "Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsMiscFunctions.lua"]:348: attempt to index a nil value" because I was seeing this one periodically and I never used the gizmo. I mentioned the gizmo here because it could potentially lead to false results when tracking down the line 348 error. Plus, like you said about the documentation. People need to read it and clear things out so its easier to track down bugs.

I ran into an issue in a program I wrote for work where nil values would populate and then the code wouldn't read nil.. "like dividing by zero" so I'm exploring that angle on this particular error I still haven't been able to reproduce it with my new campaigns so its a bit frustrating. My theory is we as users are populating a list with a blank spot some where like creating a new entry and then not filing it out for example and that is the cause but I haven't been successful yet in have something recreate every single time. There are prolly hundreds of possible spots to populate nil value so it might take me some time to track it down.

Attachment 12164

This is a scrreengrab of the startup page for my setup

Attachment 12165

These are all of the exts in my folder

If you need a screengrab of anything else lemme know. I have remove all of the exts you recommended, but still same error.

Thread Information