5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 25 of 31 First ... 152324252627 ... Last
    Sorry, i must be lost. I'm on the DOE Base Extension page and the only links on there beside the dependices links is the DO-REMs And Documentation
    FG-Community-Devs/FG-REM-Repo links.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonymorris View Post
    Sorry, i must be lost. I'm on the DOE Base Extension page and the only links on there beside the dependices links is the DO-REMs And Documentation
    FG-Community-Devs/FG-REM-Repo links.
    Hi Anthony,

On the very first post of this thread, about 40% down from the top, is a heading that says: "Other Extensions By Dulux-Oz". Underneath that heading is a list of all of the other DOE's with hyperlinks to the other Threads.

There is no update (yet) for the DOE:Base Extension because it doesn't need one. However, the DOE:Locations, DOE:Organisations and DOE:Sound all have new versions especially for FGv3.3.7 which solves the "blank" issue. Download each of these Extensions (if you want too) from the first post of each of these relevant Threads.

Also, make a note of the post in each of these threads about the ongoing use of the FG-REM & the FG-REM-Repo.

If you have any issues please bring them up and we'll get you sorted, OK?

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thank you, i appreciate the help you have given me. I wanted to make sure i was on the right page, i'm on the FG-REM & the FG-REM-Repo page with the latest commit May 26.

I think i found it, dumb me never scrolled to the bottom of the screen...

It works, thank you sooo much!
    Last edited by anthonymorris; December 23rd, 2018 at 09:04.

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Hi Copernicus, and Welsome! to the Community,

This Extension is does not allow the use of Sound in FG (we use the DOE:Sound for that). This Extension contains a whole bunch of "behind the scenes" stuff that allows the other DOEs (that's Dulux-Oz Extensions) to work.

The DOE:Sound does allow for both the manual and automated control of Sounds from within Fantasy Grounds by linking to and extenal Sound-Player. I use both Syrinscape and VLC Media Player as my 3rd Party Extenal Sound-Players, some other people use other URL/URi-controllable Sound-Players.

The issue you encountered (the blank button) is caused by using a older version of the DOE:Sound Extension (at least, that's what your issue sounds like). Grab the new version (v4.2.2) from the DOE:Sound Thread and you should be good to go. And of course, if you have any further questions , etc, don't hesitate to ask.

As a general "plug", I honestly think you'll find Fantasy Grounds a much better product AND community than Roll20 - more features, nicver people, more responsive company, etc. I was unaware that Roll20 had in-built sound (last time I looked they didn't, and didn't even have an Extension (Plug-In) to do it, either), but the DOE's in general and the DOE:Sound in particular are the most piopular Extnsions in use (according to Doug from SmiteWorks) and so there are plenty of peopl around who use them and enjoy them without any hassle at all, and so there's also plenty of support, and support for FG in general as well.

Anyway, I hope this helps, and if you have anything else you'dlike to know just ask.

Cheers
    Thanks so much. That was the problem. I had went to the repository page and downloaded an older vs. I found the newer vs. and its no longer blank. If I can get sounds to work I will definitely be using Fantasy Grounds. The layout alone looks like it will fit my needs better (as soon as I figure out how to use it, haha). At this point the only thing I think would make fantasy grounds stand out even more is if there was an easy way to get a group together. Although, I do have my own local group, I think it would be fun to play with people i don't know as well at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus219 View Post
    ... (as soon as I figure out how to use it, haha).
    Check out my Tutorial Vids on my YouTube Channel (the link's in my sig, below. Or if not mine, damn's are good, and so are Xorn's - any of those will help you to get started. And there's also FG College if you prefer a more "live" learning experience.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus219 View Post
    At this point the only thing I think would make fantasy grounds stand out even more is if there was an easy way to get a group together. Although, I do have my own local group, I think it would be fun to play with people i don't know as well at some point.
    I assume you are familiar with the game calendar and the LFG forum? They work pretty well. Their are a few discord channels, especially the official FG one and the FG College one that have channels for pickup games. But in general you will find most games are planned in advance. And, if you are GMing, I don't think you will have a problem finding people to play with. Their is always a demand for GMs

Also, pay attention for announcements on FG Daze and FG Con, both are community run conventions that run every few months. Lots of chances to get in on new games, and to run things yourself. And, from my experience, they help build your network of gamers

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hey guys, I think the last FG update broke compatibility for your extensions.

Been using Locations and organization before a holiday hiatus. When I came back I updated FG and found out that I couldn't access my locations and organizations, it just displays a blank window.

Is there anything I can do to get my things back or is there a compatibility patch in the works?

Welcome to the forums. Go to the first post in the extensions and it will have the new versions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregton View Post
    Hey guys, I think the last FG update broke compatibility for your extensions.

Been using Locations and organization before a holiday hiatus. When I came back I updated FG and found out that I couldn't access my locations and organizations, it just displays a blank window.

Is there anything I can do to get my things back or is there a compatibility patch in the works?
    Welcome Gregton
    Did you update your extensions?

Didn't notice the update was up, thanks for pointing this out to me, will do post haste.
    (Also I've been lurking the forums for a few years now but thanks for the welcome.)

Cheers !

Thread Information