FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Denizens and Devices, Dungeon Crawl 3.5

Hey folks, I'll be starting up a new game in the next week or so (depending on players), and thought I'd give everyone a chance at join in if they like. As the title suggests, this WILL be a dungeon crawl, and while I do expect at least a bit of roleplay between characters, it will be combat and puzzle heavy, so keep that in mind when submitting characters. At the moment, I do not have a day or time set. I figured I'd let the players help out on that end. I can tell you that I am at US Central time, but my schedule is fairly open personally, so whenever you all want it is going to likely work for me.

So, on to the nuts and bolts of things. The system will be 3.5, starting character level will 4th. You may use any core book (PHB. DMG, MM), the arms and armor book, and one outside core of your choice when making your character. The only real restriction I have on your personal choice is that I don't want to have anything that requires me to add in new mechanics to every players sheet and not just your own, such as psionics handbook and book of 9 swords. Each character starts out with 2500 in gold for gear and either a +2 equivalent weapon (+2 short sword, +1 keen longsword, etc) or +3 armor/shield (+2 if plate). I do not care what alignment you choose for your character, and do not expect you to tell anyone else what it may be except through the actions of your character. I DO require the character you make to be able to work in a group. Feel free to send any sheets to me here in a pm, at [email protected], or via Skype at xaotik74 (look up Troy Kaufmann if it's easier)

At this point, all I'd like you to post her in this forum is a description of what you see when you look at your character. I do NOT want you to give mechanical details, such as classes and such, JUST what others see. I'm aiming to have a game where no one knows the mechanical details of the characters of any other player, so please do not share classes, skill ranks, etc as that is not something others can tell from an incharacter viewpoint. If it helps, just post the continuation of this brief intro:

For whatever reason, you remember having fallen asleep as normal, yet you find yourself waking with the oddest feeling, almost as if you were still sleeping, yet still aware of your surroundings as if awake. Cracking your eyes, you see a strangly blurry existance with hazy mists and odd distortions in the air coloring all you see in a surrealistic patina of shapes and colors. Beside you stands a mirror, it's silvery surface surrounded by an oddly twisted block of black glass, its frame twisted into unusual shapes that your eyes simply refuse to follow. Gazing into it's glistening surface, you see. . .

Hoping to hear from a few folks soon. Again, feel free to pm me at any time.

I'm in as long as I can make the times. I have a game Friday nights and Saturday afternoons atm. also how many people is this for?

Looking to get 4-6 players for this one, though it looks like it may take a while to start since christmas is coming up. Getting a number of replies, but most seem to want to wait until after the holidays. I will start running it if we can get 3 people who want to play though.

I could potentially start before the holidays, but I'm kinda dependent on it being a weekend. Sheet to follow.

I would be interested in joining. I'm also able to start before the holidays too. The weekends are open for me mainly Friday and Saturday nights. I will work on the character sheet and send it to you to look over.

For whatever reason, you remember having fallen asleep as normal, yet you find yourself waking with the oddest feeling, almost as if you were still sleeping, yet still aware of your surroundings as if awake. Cracking your eyes, you see a strangely blurry existence with hazy mists and odd distortions in the air coloring all you see in a surrealistic patina of shapes and colors. Beside you stands a mirror, it's silvery surface surrounded by an oddly twisted block of black glass, its frame twisted into unusual shapes that your eyes simply refuse to follow. Gazing into it's glistening surface, you see an elven male peering back you. His light brown eyes are the first thing that is noticeable about him with the golden flexes in them. Just before pulling the hood of his tanned brown cloak covered with leaves and pine needles upon his head, his long flowing auburn hair which is pulled back in a pony tail. Fully taking a better look at the image in the mirror one end of a wooden longbow can be seen hanging from his back. The cloak sways away from him as he moves and the hilt of a longsword sheathed to his left hip is shown.

I would be good for say every other week on sat nights. I live in California.

For whatever reason, you remember having fallen asleep as normal, yet you find yourself waking with the oddest feeling, almost as if you were still sleeping, yet still aware of your surroundings as if awake. Cracking your eyes, you see a strangly blurry existance with hazy mists and odd distortions in the air coloring all you see in a surrealistic patina of shapes and colors. Beside you stands a mirror, it's silvery surface surrounded by an oddly twisted block of black glass, its frame twisted into unusual shapes that your eyes simply refuse to follow. Gazing into it's glistening surface, you see a rough looking human reflected in the mirror. His long brown hair is hanging around his face where his rough beard hides much of his face. From over his large shoulders you see the gigantic hilt of a sword. As he turns to leave a large muscled tattooed arm is exposed where his chainmail does not cover his arms, as if on purpose.

excellent, glad to have you on board Waiting on a few sheets, but will likely begin soon as we seem to have enough willing to start before christmas.

I might have one other person that might be wanting to join as well. I will talk with him and see what he is wanting to do. Then I just have to get him signed up for an account on here so that he can get setup if he is wanting to join too.

not a problem at all. I welcome anyone who wants to play and am willing to lend a hand to anyone not familiar with fg. I do not have the ultimate license though, so just a reminder the they would need to have a players copy at the minimum to connect.

That being said though, we might as well get the game time sorted out. Seems to be that Friday or Saturday seems to be the consensus so far. How does 6pm-10pm central time sound? Either day works for me, so if you have a preference, just post it here or drop me a pm.

Thread Information