STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    You need to create an additional effect of an advantage to constitution saving throws. That way when you are checking to see if concentration on a spell is broken or not, the player can add that effect temporary.
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

I realize this is a bit of necro, but because I've just done this myself the syntax I used is: AC: [INT]; ADVSKILL: acrobatics; SKILL: [INT] concentration

NOTE: I also manually created a concentration skill

I think I got it all to work...

AC: [INT]; ADVSKILL: acrobatics; SKILL: [INT] concentration; +10 Speed; (C)

(the +10 speed is a reminder - not actual code.)
    Last edited by Farktopia; July 31st, 2021 at 19:11.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Farktopia View Post

That's basically how I've had it in the Rob Twohy codings since 2017.
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Very cool... I'll look at your stuff. I kinda like the problem solving. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Farktopia View Post

Do we really need the (c) at the end?

Bladesong is not a concentration spell. Does the SKILL: [INT] and the (c) at the end carry it over to any concentration spell you have, when bladesong is active?

Also, I just tried the SKILL: [INT] concentration part, it didn't appear to add the extra INT modifier to my concentration roll.
    Last edited by Istafar; May 11th, 2022 at 22:37.

Blog Entries
    Correct, you do not need/want the (c) as that will automate concentration effects, which as you state this effect is not subject to.

"Skill: [INT] concentration" only works on the character action tab, and then is calculated wen the effect is triggered and added to the CT from teh action. If adding directly to the Combat Tracker, then you need to enter the actual modifier. Such as "Skill:3 concentration"

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Correct, you do not need/want the (c) as that will automate concentration effects, which as you state this effect is not subject to.

"Skill: [INT] concentration" only works on the character action tab, and then is calculated wen the effect is triggered and added to the CT from teh action. If adding directly to the Combat Tracker, then you need to enter the actual modifier. Such as "Skill:3 concentration"
    When one needs to check if they maintain concentration, that would be an ability check and not a saving throw, wouldn't it?

So wouldn't that be CHECK concentration, with the intelligence modifier added to it?

Wouldn't that be "CHECK: [INT], concentration", or something similar?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Istafar View Post
    When one needs to check if they maintain concentration, that would be an ability check and not a saving throw, wouldn't it?

So wouldn't that be CHECK concentration, with the intelligence modifier added to it?

Wouldn't that be "CHECK: [INT], concentration", or something similar?
    FG automates concentration checks when taking damage just by putting the (c) in the effects line. I know it is case sensitive, but do not remember if it is upper or lower case.

Doing the CHECK... would give you a bonus to the concentration check, not actually make a check for you each time you take damage (which the (c) does).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information