DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Well, I'm glad you liked it!

I'm taking a look right now (during lunch at work). The map won't fit even if I turn it sideways. I'm going to make a couple of chunks and lets see how it works with you putting them back together again.

rv

Sounds good.
    stimpy1234
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

Ok, I was able to make Manor Basement 1 Room 1.

Ummm, that is one big room. You might want to rethink the scale on some of those. I took the liberty of adding some stuff to the room so it was not so empty. Hope you don't mind and I can always remove it if you do.

Check out the torches... thought that was kind of cool.

Posted at msd's site. I removed the first one and replaced it with this one so we don't take up too much room.

https://www.adventuresomedreams.com/...hread.php?t=63

rv

Yeah that would look really empty without the other stuff. Yeah I will have to go through and re-do some stuff. And no worrys about adding stuff. It looks better that way
    stimpy1234
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

Stimpy

Room 4 done. See if you can patch the two together and how it looks/works. I'll post it at msd's.

rv

Rooms 5 and 6 plus part of the outside hallway posted. I'll stop now to see how the patching goes. I'm a little conserned by the file sizes. They are each a half meg + in size. Is there a lot of overhead on each one or will they all be added together for a really large file when we are done?

rv

File size is going to be very large. After I looked at the file size I looked at approximately how large each square was and its about 1-2k for each square in the map. So for something like the first level that is 21x34 squares in the maps that I did and would be 42x68 when in 5' squares. Thats 2856 squares, so were looking at anywhere from almost 3-6+ megs depending on quality. Thats only for the first level. In total for the maps it would end up somewhere aroung 12-24+ megs approximately. That might be a tad too large. Thoughts?
    stimpy1234
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

I used gimp to cut off the unused white squares on the map for room 1. The first time I used it and saved I said I wanted 100% quality. The 2nd time I used the default 85% and I think the file size dropped quite a bit.

Maybe we can try dropping it down to 75% and see?

rv

If anyone reads this, where do I find this adventure? Looked around adventureland, but not sure where to get it.

I'm not sure if this was the Wizard's Amulet or the Oath of Kortis or something else. Wizard's Amulet is a free module. You can buy Oath of Kortis at RPGNow. IMPORTANT - these are FG1 modules and as far as I know have not been converted to FG2 by the makers.

The top sticky post in this forum is about the Wizard's Amulet. You can find more about them below.

https://www.mapventures.com/freebies.html
    Last edited by Griogre; October 29th, 2007 at 01:04.

Thread Information