DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Adventure module.

I have been working on an adventure for a group that I will be running. I figured I would share what I have done and continue to update it. The intro and the first 50ish rooms of the castle/dungeon are there, though may end up being tweaked for where monsters are and difficulty. Feel free to use it and comment on it.

Here it is.

I am also hosting this on adventuresomedreams.com that I found through msd. There is alot more stuff there also so be sure to check it all out.
    stimpy1234
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

I have added a bunch to the adventure and also made it smaller. I had originaly used bmp's for my images and when I exported the adventure it ended up being very large. After converting all of the images to jpg's it dropped the size by about 1/4 with all of the images (which the first upload didn't have all of). I still have to finish up one of the levels and the ending. Take a look at the updates and please let me know what you think.

The previous post has the link to the adventure.
    stimpy1234
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

I had taken a very quick look at your first version. Looked nice. Only thing I saw bad were a couple of typos here and there.

rv

Yeah, if someone went through only looking for typos, I would be scared. Thats one of the things to go through before its finished is to check for typos and also format it a little better. Thanks for the reply
    stimpy1234
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

Hey Stimpy

I JUST got dinjin last night. Want me to start convert your map? Maybe I can start it and then hand it off to someone else to work on more when I get done. Make it a group effort.

rv

If you want to put the work into, I am all for including them!
    stimpy1234
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

Well, I'm not sure what is happening. I loaded up your new changes (you have been busy!) and notcied that I had things showing up twice. I figured I must have had the first one still loaded when I loaded up the 2nd. I made a new campaign and tried again and the software crashed. And it crashes every time I tired again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software and its still crashing.

I'll work on it some more tonight but I'm not sure what to try next.

rv

I was getting that too and though it was something in my campain because the demo one that comes with FG came up fine. Then it jsut started working . I will try exporting again and see what happens. Also I have noticed that If you leave a module active when you exit and then load that same campain back up it will leave the stuff from the module saved in the campain so when you activate another module (or the same one) you get duplicates. So just make sure to deactivate the module before exiting.
    stimpy1234
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

I was able to get it to work by loading up the campaing that comes with the game and then removing all the maps and then loading up your stuff. Now I just need to figure out how to get dundjinni to go to landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by richvalle
    Now I just need to figure out how to get dundjinni to go to landscape.
    <sarcasm_on>

Ahhh...you've just discovered one of the nice things about Dundjinni

<sarcasm_off>

Basically, to the best of my own knowledge, you can't do this. I always do it post-production in PhotoShop or whatever.

Dundjinni produces pretty maps and for that it is worth it. But, IMHO, the application itself totally sucks.

So many common usability elements are not there it simply boggles the mind...almost as if these people have themselves never used software.

Throw in the licensing terms and its laughable...

Having had my little rant, it does produce *very* pretty maps and from that perspective (which *is* after all the main perspective) is worth the money.

To summarize, post-production... :lol:

Thread Information